Greylock Donates $6,000 to Massachusetts Small Business Development Center
PITTSFIELD, MA (January 14, 2015) — Greylock Federal Credit Union (GFCU) has donated $6,000 to the Massachusetts Small Business Development Center (MSBDC). Each dollar of funding will be matched 2 to 1 with federal funding, helping the MSBDC to expand job creation and retention, and to provide resources to small businesses in Berkshire County.
Greylock President Marilyn L. Sperling said, “For many years, Greylock has partnered with the MSBDC to help our small business members become well-prepared borrowers. The MSBDC recognizes the importance of encouraging and growing entrepreneurship and has had a positive impact on the local economy. We are happy to support their outreach efforts with our donation.
The MSBDC provides business advising services including: business plan development for new and existing businesses; preparation of cash flow projections; business growth and planning; organizational and personnel issues; and marketing.
Keith E. Girouard, Regional Director, Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network, said, “We are grateful to Greylock for sponsoring our efforts to continue the work of helping small businesses thrive in Berkshire County. We thank Greylock for joining us as we build our local economy one business at a time.”
About Massachusetts Small Business Development Center
The Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network’s Berkshire Regional Office provides free and confidential one-to-one business assistance to prospective and existing small businesses. Services are available to start-ups and existing businesses located in Berkshire County.
About Greylock Federal Credit Union
Greylock membership is open to anyone who lives, works, attends school, worships or regularly conducts business in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. With assets over $1 billion, Greylock Federal is wholly owned by its more than 70,000 members and offers full-service branches in Pittsfield, Great Barrington, Lee, Adams, North Adams, Williamstown and Lanesborough. Greylock’s family of businesses includes:
- Greylock Insurance Agency with six locations county-wide, handles commercial and personal lines including auto, homeowner’s, life, disability, long-term care insurance, all forms of bonding, and 24/7 claims service.
- Greylock Investment Group with offices in Pittsfield offers access to a full array of services including financial planning, retirement planning, investment management, mutual funds, annuities and portfolio management.
- Greylock Marketing Group in Pittsfield is a full-service advertising agency dedicated to helping other credit unions, businesses and not-for-profit organizations meet their communications and marketing objectives.
- Greylock Technology Group provides programming and IT consulting for financial institutions.
- Greylock’s Employee Benefits Services offers comprehensive consultation and brokerage services for group medical, dental, life and disability insurance.
More information is available online at www.greylock.org.