Greylock supports food pantries with “Lend a Helping Hand Campaign”
PITTSFIELD, MA (December 4, 2014) — Greylock Federal Credit Union and Greylock Insurance Agency will match community and member donations dollar for dollar up to $2,500, which could possibly add up to $5,000 in support of local food pantries. “The Lend a Helping Hand – Together We Can – Holiday Mitten Campaign” will run until December 19 with all proceeds providing cash supplements to sparsely stocked food pantries and to help countless families keep food on the table.
Greylock President Marilyn L. Sperling said, “Economic constraints have touched everyone’s lives, especially our most vulnerable populations. I am pleased Greylock can help people in need with ‘The Lend a Helping Hand Campaign.’ We know our members and the community will step up to support this worthy campaign and our food pantries.”
Colorful Mittens will be available for purchase for $1 at all Greylock locations. Each mitten will reflect the name of the person who donated and will be on display in the Greylock locations.
Local food pantry recipients will include: Friendship Center Food Pantry, North Adams; Berkshire Community Action Council, Pittsfield; and The People’s Pantry, Great Barrington.
Greylock invites credit union members and the community to join in supporting this campaign. For additional information or to donate please visit a Greylock location or call 413-236-4105.
About Greylock Federal Credit Union
Greylock membership is open to anyone who lives, works, attends school, worships or regularly conducts business in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. With assets over $1 billion, Greylock Federal is wholly owned by its more than 70,000 members and offers full-service branches in Pittsfield, Great Barrington, Lee, Adams, North Adams, Williamstown and Lanesborough. Greylock’s family of businesses includes:
• Greylock Insurance Agency with six locations county-wide, handles commercial and personal lines including auto, homeowner’s, life, disability, long-term care insurance, all forms of bonding, and 24/7 claims service.
• Greylock Investment Group with offices in Pittsfield offers access to a full array of services including financial planning, retirement planning, investment management, mutual funds, annuities and portfolio management.
• Greylock Marketing Group in Pittsfield is a full-service advertising agency dedicated to helping other credit unions, businesses and not-for-profit organizations meet their communications and marketing objectives.
• Greylock Technology Group provides programming and IT consulting for financial institutions.
• Greylock’s Employee Benefits Services offers comprehensive consultation and brokerage services for group medical, dental, life and disability insurance.
More information is available online at www.greylock.org.