Greylock’s “Lend a Helping Hand Campaign” surpasses $12,000 mark
PITTSFIELD, MA (December 18, 2014) — Greylock Federal’s “Lend a Helping Hand – Together We Can – Holiday Mitten Campaign,” hassurpassed the $12,000 mark, going beyond its original goal of $5,000. The campaign featured an offer by Greylock to match Member donations. Greylock and its partners will gather for a community celebration and check presentation from 9 to 11:30 am, Friday, December 19 at Greylock’s Main Branch, 150 West Street, Pittsfield. A Credit Union member’s anonymous gift of $4,500, matched by Greylock, combined with more than $2,100 from Greylock employees and community members, and with a $1,000 gift from the Rotary Club, brought the campaign total over $12,100. All proceeds will benefit sparsely stocked food pantries and help families enjoy the holiday season in a greater degree of comfort.
Greylock President Marilyn L. Sperling said, “Greylock members are always ready to step up for their neighbors. In this case, one very generous Greylock Federal member stands out for going above and beyond the call for this worthy cause. ‘The Lend a Helping Hand Campaign,’ has been a huge success and we can all take pride knowing our food pantries will be better stocked for those in need.”
At the check presentation, local food pantry recipients will include: Friendship Center Food Pantry, North Adams; Berkshire Community Action Council, Pittsfield; and The People’s Pantry, Great Barrington.
In addition to ‘The Lend a Helping Hand Campaign,’ donations, Greylock also will provide contributions to The Christian Center Christmas Program; Berkshire Community Action Council – Warm Clothing Holiday Program; and Hillcrest Educational Centers’ Holiday Wish Program.
About Greylock Federal Credit Union
Greylock membership is open to anyone who lives, works, attends school, worships or regularly conducts business in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. With assets over $1 billion, Greylock Federal is wholly owned by its more than 70,000 members and offers full-service branches in Pittsfield, Great Barrington, Lee, Adams, North Adams, Williamstown and Lanesborough. Greylock’s family of businesses includes:
- Greylock Insurance Agency with six locations county-wide, handles commercial and personal lines including auto, homeowner’s, life, disability, long-term care insurance, all forms of bonding, and 24/7 claims service.
- Greylock Investment Group with offices in Pittsfield offers access to a full array of services including financial planning, retirement planning, investment management, mutual funds, annuities and portfolio management.
- Greylock Marketing Group in Pittsfield is a full-service advertising agency dedicated to helping other credit unions, businesses and not-for-profit organizations meet their communications and marketing objectives.
- Greylock Technology Group provides programming and IT consulting for financial institutions.
- Greylock’s Employee Benefits Services offers comprehensive consultation and brokerage services for group medical, dental, life and disability insurance.
More information is available online at www.greylock.org.