Hanscom FCU’s charitable foundation holds 10th annual meeting
HANSCOM AFB, MA (December 14, 2022) — Hanscom FCU Charitable Foundation provided an accounting of major gifts granted in 2022 at its 10th annual meeting. The milestone meeting was held virtually to accommodate more members’ attendance. The Foundation, founded in 2012, provides resources, primarily financial, to worthy charitable causes.
“The Foundation’s focus is on providing donations and assistance to organizations that are doing great things for our community,” said Teresa Conrad, Chairwoman of the Foundation. “Our supporting members share a mutual interest in social welfare and overall betterment of quality of life that truly captures the spirit of the credit union motto of ‘people helping people.’”
Conrad explained that the non-profit 501(c)(3) organization distributes all proceeds to charity and provided details of the Foundation’s extensive philanthropic support in 2022 that included:
- The continuation of a non-binding commitment the Foundation entered to four years ago to contribute $750,000 within five years to support the Home Base Program. The commitment ensures clinical care and funding for research that supports veterans and their families experiencing post-traumatic stress and traumatic brain injuries. Now in the fourth year of this commitment, the Foundation donated $150,000 in 2022, including a recent $25,000 sponsorship of Run to Home Base.
- Continued support of Boston Children’s Hospital through the sponsorship of charity runner Dan Ziniti in the Boston Marathon as part of the Credit Unions Kids @ Heart team. Thanks to the generous support of many donors, Dan raised $37,000 to fund several pediatric brain research projects at the hospital.
- A donation of $16,000 to the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless through cash raffles and ongoing fundraising activities. These funds will support their Bed for Every Child initiative, which supports local children with beds to get a restful night’s sleep.
- A $20,000 donation to Crossroads, an organization that offers leadership, college preparation, and career development resources for economically disadvantaged youth throughout eastern Massachusetts.
- A donation of $25,000 to Massachusetts Fallen Heroes to support a pitch competition for small business veteran and gold star family entrepreneurs. The Foundation also began new partnerships with Massachusetts Fallen Heroes aimed at a three-tiered approach to creating impact in our communities by providing funding, volunteering, and resources. Two such volunteering events include the rededication of the Massachusetts Fallen Heroes Memorial in Boston and flag planting at cemeteries during Patriot Week.
- Partnership with Veterans Inc. to support whole-health veteran programming, including financial wellbeing education. The Foundation donated $50,000 to the organization to provide holistic wellness services and homelessness prevention.
- Tens of thousands donated to various other local and national organizations.
Conrad concluded the meeting by addressing the members in attendance and thanking them for their continued support over the years. “You each play an important role by lending talent and services that help the foundation achieve its mission of creating a lasting impact in our community,” she said. “Thank you for being a supporting member and for your commitment to our mission.”
About Hanscom FCU Charitable Foundation, Inc
Hanscom FCU Charitable Foundation, Inc. is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides major support to a variety of educational, community, and military endeavors. They include but are not limited to programs that promote the health, education, and well-being of children, fight against life-threatening diseases, combat homelessness, and provide assistance to veterans. The Foundation, the charitable arm of Hanscom Federal Credit Union, distributes 100% of the proceeds received, with nothing deducted for administrative expenses.