Iowa Credit Union Foundation announces new board members
DES MOINES, IA (January 7, 2015) — Three new Iowa credit union representatives were approved as members of the Iowa Credit Union Foundation Board of Directors at its annual meeting on Dec. 4 in Iowa City.
Joining the 10-person ICUF Board are Ann McMillian, of IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union, Danielle Gratton, of Dupaco Community Credit Union, and Srinivasa Sastri Siravuri, of Veridian Credit Union.
Each board member serves to help ICUF fulfill its mission of helping Iowans build wealth, responsibility and independence with the vision to eliminate poverty in Iowa. ICUF works to fulfill its mission through various programs, such as its Individual Development Account program, grants and scholarships. The ICUF’s Board of Directors is made up of representatives from the Iowa credit union industry and philanthropic organizations throughout the state.
“On behalf of the Iowa Credit Union Foundation, I would like to congratulate our three new board members and welcome them to the team,” said Board President Dale Owen, the CEO of Ascentra Credit Union in the Quad Cities area. “We sincerely appreciate their willingness to lead our non-profit in fulfilling our long-term strategic vision. I look forward to working with them in the future.”
Owen will serve in the same capacity as Board President in 2015 along with Board Vice President Helen Pearce, CEO of Cedar Falls Community Credit Union.
The 2015 ICUF Board of Directors are:
- Board President Dale Owen, Ascentra Credit Union
- Vice President Helen Pearce, Cedar Falls Community Credit Union
- Treasurer Lana Ross, Iowa Community Action Association
- Secretary Angela Drury, 1st Gateway Credit Union
- Ann McMillian, IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union
- Danielle Gratton, Dupaco Community Credit Union
- Jason Norton, DuTrac Community Credit Union
- Matthew Cervantes, Linn Area Credit Union
- Sara Eide, Mercy Health Network of Iowa
- Srinivasa Sastri Siravuri, Veridian Credit Union.
About the Iowa Credit Union Foundation
Founded in 1995 as the philanthropic arm of the Iowa Credit Union League, the Iowa Credit Union Foundation’s (ICUF) primary focus is to eliminate poverty in the state of Iowa. ICUF seeks to carry out its mission to help Iowans build wealth, responsibility and independence through its various programs, grants and scholarships. For more information, visit www.IowaCreditUnionFoundation.org.