Lending Council Conference Focused on Preparing for Challenges Ahead
800-356-9655 ext 4393
Credit union lending professionals can now register to attend the 16th annual CUNA Lending Council Conference, October 17-20, in Las Vegas. The conference is one of the largest in the industry focused exclusively around credit union lending.
“Credit union lenders need to attend our conference for access to peer support, resources and the inspiration to be prepared for the challenges ahead,” said Lloyd Gill “An attendee last year said it best when they mentioned that the CUNA Lending Council Conference provides an unmatched opportunity to gain lending specific industry knowledge, network, and build relationships with partners and credit union colleagues from across the country.”
Session topics that will be covered (20+) include:
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Updates
- Mortgage Portfolio Management
- Loan Growth Strategies
- Current Financial Issues for Lenders
- The Regulatory Compliance Hangover
General sessions include:
- The Outlook for the Economy, Housing, and Mortgage Markets – Dave Berson, SVP/Chief Economist & Strategist, The PMI Group, Inc
- Regulator Exam Hot Buttons – Timothy Segerson, Director of Supervision, Office of Examination and Insurance, NCUA
- After the Bailouts: Ten Keys to Success for the American Credit Union Movement in the Year 2010 and Beyond – Dennis Dollar, Principal Partner, Dollar Associates, LLC
- The Art of Vision – Erik Wahl, Artist & Speaker
The agenda for the conference is created by the CUNA Lending Council conference committee (in partnership with council staff) made up of volunteer council members from credit unions. This ensures the topics are as relevant to attendees as possible.
A luncheon will take place on Monday to honor the winners of the Credit Union Excellence in Lending Awards, sponsored by CUNA Mutual Group and the CUNA Lending Council.
For more information or to register online, go to www.cunalendingcouncil.org and click on the conference icon or “2010 Conference.” For program information inquiries, contact Deb Verdecchia, CUNA Councils program coordinator at (800) 356-9655, ext. 4357, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
CUNA Lending Council
The CUNA Lending Council is the premier source of best practices information for lending professionals in the credit union industry. Guided by a self-directed and self-governed community of more than 900 industry lending professionals, the council provides networking support, education, current information, and professional development tools for its members. The CUNA Lending Council is one of the six organizations that make up the CUNA Councils, a network of more than 4,850 credit union professionals. For more information, visit www.cunalendingcouncil.org or www.cunacouncils.org.