Maine Credit Union League announces its 2022–2023 Board of Directors
League appoints new Board Chair and Vice Chair
WESTBROOK, ME (June 28, 2022) — The Maine Credit Union League is pleased to announce the members of its 2022–2023 Board of Directors and the appointment of a new Board Chair and Vice Chair.
David Desjardins, representing the Aroostook Chapter of Credit Unions, will serve as the new Chair. John Doe, representing the Northern Penobscot Chapter of Credit Unions, will serve as Vice Chair. Christine Devine and Basil Closson will continue serving as Board Treasurer and Secretary respectfully.
“Maine is fortunate to have a robust credit union network, led by outstanding representatives of our People Helping People movement,” said Todd Mason, President/CEO of the Maine Credit Union League. “I’m excited for our industry’s future, its continued growth, and the opportunity to collaborate in this capacity in the year ahead.”
The Maine Credit Union League is directed by a democratically elected Board of Directors representing credit union chapters across Maine. The Board works to ensure that the League’s initiatives serve the needs of the state’s credit union community at large.
The 2022–2023 Board list is as follows:
- David Desjardins, Chair – Aroostook County Chapter of Credit Unions
- John Doe, Vice Chair – Northern Penobscot Chapter of Credit Unions
- Basil Closson, Secretary – Bangor Chapter of Credit Unions
- Christine Devine, Treasurer – Kennebec Valley Chapter of Credit Unions
- Joann Bisson – At Large
- Scott Chretien – At Large
- Joseph Gervais – At Large
- Luke Labbe – York County Chapter of Credit Unions
- Jason Lindstrom – Alex Ferguson Chapter of Credit Unions
- Julie Marquis – Jeannette G. Morin Chapter of Credit Unions
- Mark Samson – Norm Nolette Chapter of Credit Unions
About Maine Credit Union League
The Maine Credit Union League is a nonprofit, professional trade association that exists to serve Maine’s credit unions. Founded in 1938, the League’s mission is to help credit unions succeed and improve the financial lives of their members. As the trade association for Maine’s credit unions, the League provides advocacy, education, and other resources designed to assist credit unions in meeting the needs of their membership. For more information, visit www.mainecul.org.