MSGCU awards 17 local businesses $1,000 grants
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MI (December 29, 2020) — Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union (MSGCU) is pleased to announce the winners of their Give the Gift of Local giveaway and grant more than $18,500 to local small businesses and their patrons.
As the backbone of our communities, small businesses deserve our support more now than ever this holiday season. The credit union encourages members and the community to keep small businesses in their shopping plans into the new year.
“More than 2,000 nominations from members and team members show just how much love is out there for small businesses in Metro Detroit,” said Ann Jones, MSGCU Vice President of Marketing and Business Development. “It is heartwarming to know that so many of us are making small businesses part of our holiday shopping plans this year.”
The following 17 local businesses will receive $1,000 from MSGCU. Plus, the member who nominated them also receives a $100 gift card to spend there.
- Anchor Bay Pit Stop Diner, nominated by Christy from our Chesterfield Township branch office on 23 Mile, West of Jefferson.
- Applied Fitness Solutions, nominated by Robbie from our Clinton Township branch office on Garfield, South of 18 Mile.
- Bangkok Station, nominated by Cheryl from our Sterling Heights branch office at 18 Mile and Mound Rd.
- Choices Bath and Body, nominated by Laura from our Shelby Township branch office at 22 Mile and Hayes.
- Jillian’s Coney Island & Grille, nominated by Lynda from our Chesterfield Township branch office at M-59 and the I-94 Interchange.
- Mexico Lindo, nominated by Rita from our Commerce Township branch office on North Pontiac Trail, West of Haggerty.
- New Little India, nominated by Todd from our Shelby Township branch office on 23 Mile, East of Van Dyke.
- Parrot Cove, nominated by Pamela from our Sterling Heights branch office on 16 Mile, East of Dequindre.
- Rebel Strength & Fitness, nominated by Hyden from our Madison Heights branch office at 12 Mile, West of John R.
- Rouge Makeup & Nail Studio, nominated by Michelle from our Royal Oak branch office on Woodward, North of 13 Mile.
- RSM Photographic, nominated by Christina from our Warren branch office at 14 Mile and Schoenherr.
- Sunflour Bakehaus, nominated by Maryelsa from our Livonia branch office at 8 Mile and Farmington.
- The Popped Kernel, nominated by MSGCU team member Michelle.
- Trail’s Edge Café, nominated by MSGCU team member Marjorie.
- Val’s Polish Kitchen, nominated by Jan from our Troy branch office at Crooks, South of 18 Mile.
- Vegan Mommy Vending, nominated by Laurea from our Farmington Hills branch office on Orchard Lake, North of 13 Mile.
- Whistle Stop Hobby & Toy Shop, nominated by Ginny from our St. Clair Shores branch office on Little Mack, South of 10 Mile.
Read why each business was nominated at msgcu.org/local.
About Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union
Founded by a small group of educators, MSGCU has been providing quality financial services to the community for more than 67 years and welcomes everyone in Michigan to bank with them. MSGCU offers a full range of loan, deposit, checking, credit card, mortgage, and insurance products for those that live in Michigan. With 17 branch offices in Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne Counties, MSGCU has more than 135,000 members, $3.2 billion in assets, and has earned a 95% member satisfaction rating for two decades. MSGCU has also earned five stars, as reported by Bauer Financial, for more than 30 years, and has been honored as a Top Workplace by The Detroit Free Press for the past 9 consecutive years. MSGCU is insured by NCUA and an equal housing lender. Visit msgcu.org for more information.