NAFCU’s 47th Annual Conference and Solutions Expo kicks off in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS, NV (July 22, 2014) — Credit union leaders from around the country are gathering today to kick off the National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) 47th Annual Conference and Solutions Expo, which runs through July 26 at The Venetian Las Vegas Casino, Hotel & Resort.
“NAFCU’s Annual Conference brings credit unions together to discuss important industry issues and trends,” said Dan Berger, NAFCU’s president and CEO. “This year’s program, with its dynamic speakers and numerous networking opportunities, will help attendees improve their credit union operations and bottom line.”
Featured speakers at the conference include:
- Tuesday, July 22
- Defense Credit Union Summit, sponsored by NAFCU Services Corporation – Holly Petraeus, assistant director of Office of Servicemember Affairs, CFPB; Joyce Raezer, executive director, National Military Family Association; and Vice Admiral Norbert Ryan, president and CEO, Military Officers Association of America
- Private Conversation – Dan Berger, president and CEO, and NAFCU Senior Staff
- Understanding BSA, Fiduciary Duties and Interest Rate Risk – Anthony Demangone, executive vice president and COO, NAFCU
- Wednesday, July 23, General Session
- Debbie Matz, chairman, NCUA
- Doug Duncan, senior vice president and chief economist, Fannie Mae
- Lee Wetherington, director of strategic insight, ProfitStars
- Thursday, July 24
- Small Credit Union Roundtable – William Myers, director of the office of Small Credit Union Initiatives, NCUA
- Education Session – Larry Fazio, director of the Office of Examination and Insurance, NCUA
- General Session – Dan Rockwell, author of the world-renowned blog, Leadership Freak
- General Session panel – Carrie Hunt, senior vice president of government affairs and general counsel, NAFCU; Brad Thaler, vice president of legislative affairs, NAFCU; Katie Marisic, vice president of political affairs, NAFCU; Michael Coleman, director of regulatory affairs, NAFCU; and Jillian Pevo, director of legislative affairs, NAFCU
- Friday, July 25
- Dan Berger, president and CEO, NAFCU
- Geoffrey Canada, education advocate and figure of the groundbreaking documentary “Waiting for ‘Superman’”
Other highlights of the conference include recognition of the 2014 NAFCU Annual Awards on Friday, July 25. The awards recognize association member credit unions for their excellence and achievement.
A complete schedule of events is online at www.nafcu-annual.org/agenda. For up-to-the-minute information on the conference, download the NAFCU Annual Conference app or follow the hashtag #NAFCUAnnual on Twitter.
The National Association of Federal Credit Unions is the only national organization that focuses exclusively on federal issues affecting credit unions, representing its members before the federal government and the public.