NAFCU’s Special 2-Hour Webcast To Detail NCUA Share Insurance Coverage
CONTACT: Patty Briotta
WASHINGTON – The National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is offering a special 2-hour webcast to help credit unions ensure they are accurately meeting the National Credit Union Administration’s (NCUA) regulation regarding share insurance coverage.
The deadline for early registration savings ends Wednesday, Jan. 18. NAFCU members and nonmembers can call 800-344-5580 or visit www.nafcu.org/shareinsurancejanuary2012 to register
The webcast will detail NCUA regulations that pertain to share insurance and disclosure of the credit union’s insured status on advertisements.
Featured speaker Steve Van Beek, NAFCU’s director of regulatory compliance, will discuss:
- how share insurance is calculated for each type of account;
- how mergers impact share insurance coverage;
- options for educating members on their share insurance coverage;
- NCUA’s share insurance calculator;
- insurance disclosure options, including the new font-size requirement;
- requirements for displaying the NCUA official sign; and more.
Webcast participants will be able to submit questions during the webcast. Van Beek will also make available a follow-up Q&A document to viewers following the webcast.
NAFCU is the only national organization that focuses exclusively on federal issues affecting credit unions, representing its members before the federal government and the public.