New CUNA CFO Council White Paper discusses balancing the economic engine
MADISON, WI (August 12, 2014) — Credit unions constantly strive to “balance the economic engine:” operating a cooperative financial institution in the best interest of the members while also ensuring safety and soundness.
A new white paper from the CUNA CFO Council, “Credit Union Financial Management: Balancing the Economic Engine,” written by Council member Brian W. Hughes of Sun Federal Credit Union, addresses:
- The Credit Union Financial Management Philosophy
- A Credit Union Economic Engine Model
- People Make the Model Work: Organizational Design, Development & Culture
- Spinning Plates: The Moving Parts of the Engine
- The Member Service Triad: Member Relationships Equal Growth and Return
- The Members’ Stewardship Triad: Reserving the Right Capital to Offset Risk
- The Capital Generation Triad: Capital, Growth and Return
- The Financial Risk Management Triad: Risk, Return and Growth
CUNA Council members are eligible to receive a complimentary copy of this white paper, and more than 300 others.