News from CUNA: CU Training Awards Seek Entries for 2010 Competition
Mark Wolff – CUNA Communications; (202) 508-6764; email@example.com
Bonnie Bailey – CUNA Marketing; (608) 231-4215; firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit union training programs and trainers will be recognized for their outstanding staff development achievements during this year’s Experience Learning Live (ELLy) Training Awards program, sponsored by CUNA.
The ELLys are the only national awards presented to credit union trainers who do outstanding things in the area of professional staff development. Awards will be presented in two asset divisions – less than $250 million in assets and $250 million in assets or above – in each of the following five categories:
- Chi Phi Delta X II Award –This award represents the best development of a Credit Union University, and its effect on staff learning and performance, using CUNA’s Center for Professional Development products as the foundation.
- eLearning Award – Demonstrate how technology-based training was incorporated into, and enhanced, credit union training programs.
- Training Champion Award – This award singles out senior management staff that go beyond the call of duty to support and develop their credit union’s training program.
- Training Professional of the Year Award – This award honors exceptional achievements in performance and learning by a credit union training professional or department.
- WOW Award – This award is presented to the credit union with the best overall training curriculum or best training event that energizes, empowers, and excites participants.
Entries must be received by Aug. 6. Awards will be presented at the 2010 Experience Learning Live conference, held Oct. 21-23 in San Diego, CA.
For more information on CUNA’s trainer awards and collateral materials, go to training.cuna.org/ellys or call (800) 356-9655, ext. 4249.
# # #
About CUNA – Your Trusted Resource for Credit Union Success™
With its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, Credit Union National Association (CUNA) serves 90 percent of America’s 7,700 credit unions, which are owned by more than 90 million consumer members. Credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives providing affordable financial services to people from all walks of life. For more information, visit www.cuna.org.