Ocean Financial Federal Credit Union prepares for back-to-school with online education platform
OCEANSIDE, NY (August 25, 2022) — Ocean Financial Federal Credit Union (OFFCU) is gearing up for back-to-school season with a financial education program that helps younger generations understand the unique benefits and capabilities of credit unions.
MoneySense 101, which launched in April 2022, is an online Education Center where users start with a survey to gauge financial goals, savings, financial outlook, and emergency savings to receive customized solutions that are particular to their needs.
“Financial literacy is essential at every age, but especially for younger generations who are just starting their journey of building their financial well-being,” said Joe Tedesco, President & CEO of Ocean Financial Federal Credit Union. “MoneySense 101 will help equip the next generation with the knowledge and skills that they need to understand and ultimately reach their financial goals.”
The solutions include:
- Building Financial Capability: Learn how to manage your money and avoid financial dangers.
- Investing in Your Future: Learn how to be more financially prepared in the years ahead.
- Financial Caregiving: Learn more about the responsibilities of caring for other person’s finances.
- Owning a Home: Explore the benefits and costs of buying and owning a home.
- Building Financial Resilience: Explore tips for overcoming financial crisis.
- Financial Foundations for Members: Understand the basics of some key financial concepts.
credit Ocean Financial Federal Credit Union. Joe Tedesco, President & CEO of Ocean Financial Federal Credit Union.
About Ocean Financial Federal Credit Union
Ocean Financial Federal Credit Union was formed in 1969 by a group of Father Joseph O’Connell Knights of Columbus members looking to provide financial services to Brother Knights and their families. Over the years, the credit union has evolved in name and in field of membership, while maintaining ties to their Catholic roots. Today, Ocean Financial has grown to over $316 million in assets, serving members of the Knights of Columbus in New York State, the Diocese of Rockville Centre, and any Catholic interested in the credit union. Inspired by their Catholic values, Ocean Financial provides exceptional products and services to the Catholic community. The credit union takes pride in having catholic values you can bank on. Ocean Financial promotes these values through the entire organization, down to the logo.
To learn more, visit https://www.oceanfinancial.org