Paul, Donnelly, Garrett and Neal to Speak at NAFCU’s Congressional Caucus
Washington – Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Reps. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.), Scott Garrett (R-N.J.) and Richard E. Neal (D-Mass.) are the latest to join the slate of over 30 lawmakers, regulators and other dignitaries confirmed to address the National Association of Federal Credit Unions’ Congressional Caucus, Sept. 11-14, in Washington, D.C. at the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel.
Rand is a member of the Senate Committees on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, and Homeland Security and Government Affairs.
Donnelly is a member of the House Committees on Financial Services and Veterans’ Affairs.
Garrett is chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government-Sponsored Enterprises and also serves as vice chairman of the House Budget Committee.
Neal is a ranking member of the House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures.
The event is open to NAFCU members and nonmembers.
EVENT: NAFCU’s Congressional Caucus, the association’s largest lobbying event of the year, brings together hundreds of federal credit unions to talk about critical issues, visit lawmakers and hear from prominent congressional and financial industry leaders. Tucker Carlson, a contributor on Fox News and editor-in-chief of TheDailyCaller.com, will be the keynote speaker.
WHEN: Tuesday, Sept. 11 – Friday, Sept. 14
PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED SPEAKERS:
- Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.)
- Rep. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.)
- Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.),
- Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.)
- Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.)
- Rep. Gary Miller (R-Calif.)
- Rep. Gary Peters (D-Mich.)
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.)
- Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.)
- Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)
- Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. William Lacy Clay, Jr. (D-Mo.)
- Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.)
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah)
- Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.)
- Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.)
- Rep. John Barrow (D-Ga.)
- Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio)
- Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.)
- Donald Layton, CEO, Freddie Mac
- Edward DeMarco, acting director, Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Carole Galante, acting commissioner, Federal Housing Administration
- Gigi Hyland and Michael Fryzel, board members, National Credit Union Administration
- Jason Cabel Roe and Jimmy Williams, political commentators, Fox News and MSNBC, respectively.
- Mark Calabria, director, financial regulation studies, Cato Institute
- Ted Tozer, president, Ginnie Mae
* Times and speakers subject to change.
For more information about NAFCU’s 2012 Congressional Caucus, go to www.nafcu.org/caucus.
The National Association of Federal Credit Unions is the only national organization that focuses exclusively on federal issues affecting credit unions, representing its members before the federal government and the public.