Richey May launches business advisory services division
ENGLEWOOD, CO (December 9, 2013) — Richey May & Co, a CPA and business advisory firm serving the mortgage industry, has launched a business advisory services division. Services now being offered under this division include
- Mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence reviews, buy-sell agreements and strategic planning
- Financial advisory, including management reports, custom benchmarking reports, financial accounting transactions, general ledger mapping to the Mortgage Bankers Financial Reporting Form and the Mortgage Call Report, and mortgage servicing rights cash flow models
- Operational advisory, including operational reviews, business process development, policies and procedures development and review, internal control review and compensation surveys
- Compliance advisory, including loan sub-servicer oversight procedures and regulatory operational reviews
- Leadership, management and organizational (LMO) strategy advisory
Richey May has been providing business advisory services to mortgage bankers since it was founded in 1985, but did not have a specialized division dedicated to the practice.
The new division is comprised of four advisors with a combined total of 51 years of experience within the mortgage banking industry. The team is led by Keith May, managing director of the company’s advisory services, and includes Trevor Reinhart and Kurt Blohm, managers of advisory services, and Tyler House, supervisor of advisory services.
“Demand for our advisory services has really increased as mortgage bankers adjust to the new regulations, fewer originations, and the shift from a refinance to a purchase market,” May said. “Whether they’re looking for operational efficiency, risk and loss mitigation, exit strategies, growth or acquisition, today’s independent mortgage bankers know they can significantly increase their chances of achieving – or exceeding – their goals if they consult professionals who know how successful mortgage bankers operate.”
In 2013, Richey May won Mortgage Technology magazine’s Synergy Award for Richey May Select, the only benchmarking tool for independent mortgage bankers.
About Richey, May & Co, LLP
Richey, May & Co is a CPA, business advisory and technology firm specializing in the mortgage industry. The company’s offerings include audit, tax and business consulting services, as well as peer-to-peer benchmarking technology for small to mid-size independent mortgage bankers. Richey May’s clients include mortgage bankers in over 30 states, and range from small local originators to national lenders with annual loan production volumes in excess of $10 billion. In addition to its personalized advisory services and Richey May Select peer-to-peer benchmarking technology, Richey May has become known for its annual salary report of independent mortgage bankers, a survey based on the confidential responses of privately held mortgage banking firms. Richey May was founded in 1985 and is based in Englewood, Colorado. For more information on Richey May, please visit www.RicheyMay.comor follow Richey May on Twitter atTwitter.com/RicheyMay.