Students awarded 2014 Dakotas’ credit unions scholarships
BISMARCK, ND (June 16, 2014) — Credit Union Association of the Dakotas (CUAD) recently awarded ten
$500 Dakotas’ Credit Union High School Financial Scholarships to the following North Dakota and South Dakota students.
The recipients for North Dakota are:
- Shania R. Grager – a senior graduating from Hazen High School in Hazen is a member of Community Credit Union.
- Kyla E. Jensen – a senior graduating from Edgeley Public School in Edgeley is a member of Dakota Plains Credit Union.
- Adam J. Long – a senior graduating from Edgeley High School in Edgeley is a member of Dakota Plains Credit Union.
- Emily R. Lysne – a senior graduating from Williston High School in Williston is a member of Western Cooperative Credit Union.
- Sarah L. Wherley – a senior graduating from Velva High School in Velva is a member of Northern Tier Federal Credit Union.
The recipients for South Dakota are:
- Jacob R. Heidenreich – a senior graduating from Northwestern Area School in Mellette is a member of Healthcare Plus Federal Credit Union.
- Trent E. Hofer – a senior graduating from Hitchcock-Tulare High School in Tulare is a member of Dakotaland Federal Credit Union.
- Michaela J. Metter – a senior graduating from Huron High School in Huron a member of Huron Area Education Federal Credit Union.
- Elizebeth N. Katz – a senior graduating from Huron High School in Huron is a member of Dakotaland Federal Credit Union.
- David G. Flanery – a senior graduating from Britton-Hecla High School in Britton is a member of Norstar Federal Credit Union.
All of the students plan to use the individual $500 scholarships to pursue degrees in higher education. The scholarship is designed for high school seniors who are credit union members.
A panel of five judges selected the students based upon a selected essay written by the students. The applicants chose to write about one of two topics: “How, through your involvement in the community/school activities, events, or volunteer efforts have you shown the cooperative spirit?” or “What can your credit union do to continue providing you with financial solutions for a lifetime?”
Headquartered in Bismarck, ND, the Credit Union Association of the Dakotas (CUAD) is the professional financial trade association serving 67 credit unions in North and South Dakota with assets in excess of $5.5 billion and serving over 436,000 credit union members. For more information about CUAD visit our website at www.cuad.coop