TBA Credit Union awards over $7,500 in Classroom Improvement Grants
TRAVERSE CITY, MI (January 27, 2020) — TBA Credit Union awarded nine Classroom Improvement Grants totaling $7,941.46 to teachers in local schools in 2019.
The TBA Credit Union Classroom Grant Committee, comprised of three employees, evaluate applications based on how many students are benefitting from funds, how the request relates to classroom instruction, and how the funds will impact the future of students. Throughout 2019, the committee reviewed twenty-eight grant applications and nine teachers were selected:
• Sandy Jansen at Elk Rapids High School
• Kelly Vujea at Cherry Knoll Elementary School
• Tanya Hendges at Courtade Elementary School
• Michelle Lazar at Grand Traverse Academy
• Megan Neizgoda at Long Lake Elementary School
• Sonya Neal at Old Mission Peninsula School
• Chris Vaughan at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Middle School
• Eric Ranke at TC West Senior High School
• Michael Wilson at TC West Senior High School
TBA Credit Union allocates $8,000.00 every calendar year to classroom improvement grants and educators may apply for grants up to $1,000.00. Visit tbacu.com/investedin to learn more and apply.
About TBA Credit Union
For over 65 Years, TBA Credit Union (TBACU) has been committed to their mission of serving the community and building trusted relationships. A $300 million (assets) credit union, TBACU provides financial services to over 18,000 members in Michigan, U.S.
In 2021, faced with the challenges of a global pandemic, the TBACU Team showed great resilience. Every day, they demonstrated passion, integrity, and collaboration in their interactions with both fellow employees and members.
For the last five years, TBACU has partnered with Gallup to build a culture of engagement. For the second consecutive year, TBA Credit Union has been awarded the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award. The Gallup award once again recognizes the strong workplace culture among TBACU’s 61 team members.
Visit TBA Credit Union’s Careers page to learn more.