Veridian celebrates Giving Tuesday with $38,000 to 20 nonprofts across Iowa and eastern Nebraska
WATERLOO, IA (November 29, 2022) — Veridian Credit Union is awarding $38,000 to 20 nonprofit organizations across Iowa and eastern Nebraska to Spark the Spirit of giving in celebration of Giving Tuesday. Veridian employees nominated their favorite local nonprofits for a chance to win up to $5,000 in the credit union’s annual giving campaign. Public voting from November 1-11 determined the amount of funding awarded to each organization.
“The holidays are often a time of increased need, and many in our communities are facing an additional, unique set of challenges this year,” said Renee Christoffer, Veridian’s President and CEO. “Spark the Spirit is one way to give and a reminder for all of us of the importance of giving locally.”
The top-voted organizations in each region, including Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, the Des Moines metro and Omaha/Council Bluffs, received $5,000 each. Organizations that received the second- and third-most votes in each region were awarded $2,500 and $1,000, respectively. The two organizations receiving the least votes in each region received $500 each.
Checks were presented to 20 organizations across Iowa and eastern Nebraska in time for Giving Tuesday, November 29. Recipient organizations in each region are listed below:
Cedar Rapids/Iowa City
- Deafinitely Dogs! – $5,000
- Freedom Foundation – $2,500
- Four Oaks – $1,000
- Willis Dady Homeless Services – $500
- Trees Forever – $500
Des Moines Metro
- Des Moines Refugee Support – $5,000
- Animal Rescue League of Iowa – $2,500
- Children’s Cancer Connection – $1,000
- Ankeny Service Center – $500
- Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity – $500
- Muddy Paws Second Chance Rescue – $5,000
- The Blue Bucket Project – $2,500
- Omaha Girls Rock – $1,000
- MICAH House – $500
- MilkWorks – $500
- Better Together Animal Rescue – $5,000
- NAMI Black Hawk County – $2,500
- Oelwein Community Kitchen – $1,000
- Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity – $500
- Exceptional Persons, Inc. – $500
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members. The credit union offers a full range of business and consumer financial services with more than 950 employees and 30 branches across Iowa and eastern Nebraska. For more information, visit veridiancu.org or call (800) 235-3228.
About Veridian Credit Union
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members. The credit union offers a full range of business and consumer financial services with approximately 1,000 employees and 30 branches across Iowa and eastern Nebraska.
For more information, visit veridiancu.org or call (800) 235-3228.