Veridian Credit Union announces 2015 grant recipients
WATERLOO, IA (January 12, 2015) — Veridian Credit Union has announced recipients for $70,000 in grant funding aimed at building inclusive communities and improving financial literacy across Iowa. Grants were awarded to organizations that demonstrate a commitment to these areas of focus.
Veridian’s Financial Literacy Grant supports organizations that help adults and children gain the knowledge, skill and ability to successfully manage their finances. Financial Literacy Grant recipients for 2015 are:
- Cedar Valley Friend of the Family ($5,000) – Waverly
- Children & Families of Iowa ($5,000) – Des Moines
- Family Management Credit Counselors, Inc. ($5,000) – Waterloo
- Horizons, A Family Service Alliance ($5,000) – Cedar Rapids
- House of Mercy ($5,000) – Des Moines
- Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa® ($2,500) – Cedar Rapids
- Mid-Iowa Community Action, Inc. (MICA) ($5,000) – Marshalltown
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation ($5,000) – Decorah
- Operation Threshold ($5,000) – Waterloo
- The Job Foundation ($5,000) – Cedar Falls
Veridian’s Inclusive Community Grant supports organizations that help create a community that is welcoming and inclusive to all individuals, including the underrepresented. Inclusive Community Grant recipients for 2015 are:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Iowa ($5,000) – Clive
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Iowa ($5,000) – Waterloo
- Inclusion Connection ($5,000) – Waverly
- Lutheran Services in Iowa (LSI) ($5,000) – Des Moines
- The Arc of East Central Iowa ($2,500) – Cedar Rapids
“Veridian is committed to creating inclusive communities and providing financial literacy that helps create successful financial futures,” said Angela Weekley, Veridian’s community inclusion manager. “We’re grateful for the organizations who share these commitments, and it’s our pleasure to support their efforts.”
Veridian partners with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa (CFNEIA) to distribute the Veridian Credit Union Fund. This fund provides financial support to all of Veridian’s grant recipients. More information, including details on how to apply for 2016 funding, are available at veridiancu.org or by calling Tom Wickersham at CFNEIA at (319) 287-9106.
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members. The credit union offers a full range of business and consumer financial services and employs more than 600 people throughout 26 branches. For more information, visit veridiancu.org or call (800) 235-3228.