Wit, graphics and animation to take financial services communications in a new direction
Clever graphics and animation net Securian two Best of Show communication awards
ST PAUL, MN (October 20, 2014) — Securian Financial Group took home eight awards from the annual Insurance and Financial Communicators Association (IFCA) awards, two of them for Best of Show.
The top IFCA awards went to the company’s whimsical (but concise) “We are Securian” animated video and the Retirement Plan division’s witty question-answer approach to introducing very complex financial topics in online ads. That project, “Open Architecture Digital Advertising,” generated unusually high click-through rates with two to five times the average in the publications that carried it.
“Growth and expansion of our independent distribution networks create a need to introduce our company, products and services in fresh, innovative ways,” said Angela Schema, director, Communications and Research. “As our businesses migrate to the crowded digital space, our need for memorable communications is stronger than ever.”
Other honors Securian earned at the annual IFCA competition include:
· 2013 Annual Report – “Financial Security for the Long Run,” Award of Excellence
· Investment Advisory Platform Campaign, “Reaching Your Investment Destination,” Award of Excellence
· Retirement plan participant campaign – “Don’t Leave Your Retirement to Chance,” Award of Excellence
· 2013 United Way campaign – “Going the Distance for United Way,” Honorable Mention
· Policyholder Treatment Campaign – “We Never Stop Caring for our Policyholders,” Honorable Mention
· Retirement GPS campaign – “Map your route to retirement,” Honorable Mention
Since 1880, Securian Financial Group and its affiliates have provided financial security for individuals and businesses in the form of insurance, investments and retirement plans. Now one of the nation’s largest financial services providers, it is the holding company parent of a group of companies that offer a broad range of financial services.