13 high school seniors awarded college scholarships totaling $19,500 for 2022-23 school year
Together Credit Union Announces Recipients of its Vince Jacknewitz Scholarship Program
ST. LOUIS, MO (May 31, 2022) — Together Credit Union, on behalf of its employees and members, is thrilled to award $19,500 in scholarship dollars to seniors from the Greater St. Louis area through its Vince Jacknewitz Scholarship Program. Each recipient will receive a $1,500 college scholarship for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
“We are proud to support these talented and hardworking students as they pursue their academic and career goals,” said Claire Trunko, Chief People Officer. “By believing and investing in the dreams and aspirations of our members, we are paving the way for a better and brighter future for our communities.”
The Vince Jacknewitz Scholarship program is administered by the credit union’s foundation, the Together Foundation, and honors the late Vince Jacknewitz, who served on the Board of Directors for Together Credit Union, formerly known as Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union, from 1984-2001, and as Board Chair from 1995-1996. Recipients of the program are members of the credit union’s Young Adult Financial Group, a criterion for eligibility, and selected by a committee of judges. As part of the application process, applicants were asked to submit an information packet, which included a record of academic achievements, letters of recommendation, a list of scholastic and community activities, and a written or video essay.
Please join the credit union in congratulating the following 2022 Vince Jacknewitz Scholarship recipients:
• Abigail J., from Westminster Christian Academy, attending Biola University
• Ainsley M., from Douglas County High School, attending Linfield University
• Andrew W., from Fox High School, attending Southeast Missouri State University
• Audrey M., from Nerinx Hall High School, attending Grand Canyon University
• Garrett C., homeschool, attending St. Louis Community College
• Gianni I., from Lindbergh High School, attending Missouri University of Science and Technology
• Jessica E., from Lindberg High School, attending Maryville University
• Johnny W., from Christian Brothers College High School, attending the University of Missouri-Columbia
• Kaitlyn F., from Cor Jesu Academy, attending Maryville University
• Makenna L., from Windsor High School, attending Missouri State University
• Marianthe M., from Kirkwood High School, attending Webster University
• Matthew W., from Fox High School, attending Southeast Missouri State University
• Samantha S., from St. Joseph’s Academy, attending the University of Missouri
About Together Credit Union
Together Credit Union has undergone significant change. We have moved from a product-focused organization to a member-centric organization. We rely heavily on feedback from our members and market data to invest in our communities strategically. This sustainable growth model is achieved by the hard work of every employee at Together, and because of them, I am here today,” noted Kraus.
Kraus will be honored at the Titan 100 awards celebration on April 18th at The Armory. For more information regarding this release, please contact Julie Linder, Brand Connections Manager, at 573-268-0639.