$17,500 to PNW college students this year through Unitus CCU scholarships
In annual tradition, credit union awards seven $2,500 Scholarships to Unitus members and child dependents/spouses/significant others of Unitus employees seeking higher education.
PORTLAND, OR (August 6, 2020) — Unitus Community Credit Union is pleased to announce seven $2,500 Unitus Scholarship Program recipients for the 2020-2021 school year.
Each year, Unitus awards student scholarships to high school graduates, college undergraduates, or graduate students who are members of the credit union or child dependents/spouses/significant others of a member of the credit union and have demonstrated passion and commitment in pursuing post-secondary education. Congratulations to this year’s winners:
- Leslie Bachman| Lake Oswego, OR: Leslie will begin attending Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) in the fall and will be majoring in Nursing.
- Sarah Bayne| Beaverton, OR: Sarah currently attends Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona and is majoring in Nursing.
- Paige Bell| Portland, OR: Paige will begin attending University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon in the fall and has not yet decided on her major.
- Dee Anna Bricker| Portland, OR: Leslie will begin attending Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois in the fall and will be majoring in Psychology.
- Savanna Stiller| Vancouver, WA: Savanna will begin attending the University of Boise in Boise, Idaho in the fall and will be majoring in Business.
- Aidan Strealy| Lake Oswego, OR: Aidan will begin attending the University of Redlands in Redlands, California in the fall and will be majoring in English.
- Amirali Veshagh| Portland, OR: Amir currently attends Portland State University in Portland, Oregon and is majoring in Biology.
The Unitus Scholarship Program, launched in 2004, has awarded financial assistance to over 160 students totaling nearly $200,000. Scholarship winners are scored in the areas of academic achievement, community involvement, quality of scholarship materials, and commitment to pursuing post-secondary education. Applications are independently reviewed by Scholarship America.
Unitus partners with nonprofits and organizations to improve quality of life for people in our local and global communities, and to provide disaster relief to raise each other up in the toughest of times. To learn more about Unitus’ community giving, visit unitusccu.com/community-partnerships.
About Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, we’re dedicated to improving lives in the communities we serve. As a member-owned local credit union, we invest in people by doing the right thing. Through partnerships with nonprofit organizations, we provide support for community groups through volunteerism and financial
donations. Our 107,000 members count on us to serve them and their communities; our 300+ employees share that passion for service. Learn about the local impact Unitus makes by visiting unitusccu.com.