2022 Merck Employees FCU scholarship winners announced
RAHWAY, NJ (May 12, 2022) — The Merck Employees Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that it has awarded five (5) $5,000 scholarships to high school seniors in three (3) states—Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Each year MEFCU’s scholarship program attracts hundreds of applicants throughout the country. Applicants are required to be members of the credit union or a family member of a MEFCU member and to be in their senior year of high school. The following five individuals were chosen from nearly 100 applicants located all over the United States:
- Troy Boxton, who is planning to attend Morehouse College and study Computer Science with a minor in game design;
- Marisa Brown-Johnson who will attend Cornell University and will major in Human Development with possible minors in Health Policy and Computer Science;
- Alaina Steck who is planning to attend the University of Pennsylvania. Ms. Steck was accepted into the Roy and Diana Vagelos Scholars Program in Molecular Life Sciences and plans to major in Biochemistry;
- Kelly Xu who will attend Duke University majoring in Biology; and
- June Yin who is planning to attend Massachusetts Institute of Technology and study chemistry and another related STEM field.
“We wish these students great success in their next level of education. Their accomplishments, not just academic but in the community, are impressive and indicative of what is to come next as they continue their journey,” said MEFCU President/CEO Paul Gentile. “We are committed to maintaining this scholarship program as we work to do our small part to assist students with their higher learning aspirations.”
To learn more about the winners and their future plans, please visit the credit union’s website at www.merckcu.com.
Merck Employees FCU would like to congratulate its 2022 Scholarship Program winners and wishes all winners and applicants the best as they continue their education and pursue their goals.
About Merck Employees Federal Credit Union
Established in 1936, Merck Employees Federal Credit Union is federally chartered and federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration to serve Merck employees and their family members. The credit union has $2.4 billion in assets and serves approximately 25,000 members. It is widely recognized for returning tremendous value to its member owners in the form of low fees, high rates on savings, and highly competitive loan rates. It is deeply committed to advancing Financial Wellness for all members.