America’s Christian Credit Union donates $37,954 to build stronger families
GLENDORA, CA (August 1, 2018) — “And an Angel came to kiss my eyes closed.” And just like that, 33 year-old Laura Krimmel’s courageous, valiant and sustained health battle was over. Life will be different now for Laura’s husband and three young children who are now learning to go on without their beautiful wife and mother. In the midst of life’s darkest moments, and mounting medical bills, the Krimmel family feels loved, anchored and supported by the community around them. And they thank God for His faithfulness.
America’s Christian Credit Union could not have found a more worthy recipient than the Krimmel Family for its Visa® Giveback Program. Each quarter, ACCU gives back to four top-tier ministries; each of these ministries provides essential services and makes a meaningful impact in their communities. At the close of the second quarter in 2018, the program gave back $3,000 apiece to New Beginnings Adoption & Family Services (Tupelo, MS), The Legacy Center (New York, NY), The World Mission Broadcast project of the Church of the Nazarene (Lenexa, KS) and the Krimmel Family of Glendora, CA for a total of $12,000.
ACCU’s charitable giving to advance God’s work in the second quarter was further fueled by adoption grants and generous employee donations, and by the Live the Mission (LTM) program. LTM promotes and encourages employee volunteerism by recognizing and rewarding the top volunteers among its staff on a quarterly basis.
The second quarter’s total giveback added up to a cool $37,954, including:
- Two $500 adoption grants to Casey and Kimberly Reynolds, of Minnesota, and to David and Eva McDorman, of Missouri. With the help of grant funds, the Reynolds family was able to adopt 3 siblings from Haiti, bringing them to a family of 9! The McDormans are pleased to report that after a 4-year process they have been matched with a 4-year-old girl for adoption.
- $3,000 Sponsorship of the Education Summit hosted at Azusa Pacific University, which played out under the theme of “Foster to College.”
- Awarding a total of six scholarships — $2,500 apiece – to deserving scholars, for a total of $15,000 in scholarship money awarded
- Donations totaling $3,874.50 from employee payroll deductions in support of Neighborhood Homework House, Children’s Miracle Network, and Shepherd’s Pantry Glendora
- $1,880 in fans and water bottles was donated to Azusa Pacific University for graduation ceremonies.
- Assembling a team of volunteer employees for a Pack Day event for Operation Community Cares (OCC) at Hillside Church in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. This activity involved the assembly of hundreds of care packages to be sent to active-duty American troops.
- Making an accompanying donation of $1,200 to Operation Community Cares, in conjunction with ACCU’s annual Patriot Week festivities in May
America’s Christian Credit Union continues to donate generously to worthy charitable and ministry causes. As ACCU continues its yearlong 60th anniversary celebration, the credit union demonstrated throughout the 2nd quarter that it continues to embrace the opportunity to give back to the communities it serves.
About America's Christian Credit Union
Founded in 1958 and currently managing nearly $500 million in assets America's Christian Credit Union provides a broad range of financial solutions grounded in Christian stewardship principles most notably savings and personal loan products that serve ministry expansion and families through their adoption loan program. The vision of America’s Christian Credit Union is “A Financial Partner for Cultural Impact” which is realized through their mission to reach, serve and teach in concert with their corporate priorities to build stronger: families, futures, communities and ministries. For additional information, visit www.AmericasChristianCU.com.