Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union Employees Donate $7,750 to Community Organizations
DALEVILLE, AL (February 5, 2013) — Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU) employees recently donated $7,750 to 13 nonprofit organizations in AACFCU’s service areas of Southeast Alabama, Florida’s Emerald Coast and the Mobile Bay area. The donations come from an account funded completely by employee contributions. On designated work days, AACFCU employees donate to this account in exchange for wearing jeans to work. In December of each year, employees nominate and vote on organizations they would like to see receive the funds.
These organizations include:
– Alabama Baptist Children’s Home, Dothan, Ala.
– Boys and Girls Club, Ozark, Ala.
– Children in Crisis, Fort Walton Beach, Fla.
– Coffee County Family Services, Enterprise, Ala.
– Dothan Rescue Mission, Dothan, Ala.
– House of Ruth, Dothan, Ala.
– Penelope House, Mobile, Ala.
– Pike Regional Child Advocacy Center, Troy, Ala.
– Victory Health Partners, Mobile, Ala.
– Vivian B. Adams School, Ozark, Ala.
– West DeFuniak Elementary School’s Backpack Buddy Program, DeFuniak Springs, Fla.
– Wiregrass Children’s Home, Dothan, Ala.
– Wounded Warrior Project
AACFCU and its employees hold several other fundraisers throughout the year to help those in need in surrounding communities. These fundraisers include an annual food drive, donation drives of school supplies, Christmas gifts, pet food and many other items for different types of organizations. AACFCU employees also raise money each year for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as well as donate countless volunteer hours to community service projects.
Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union was founded 46 years ago by seven soldiers at Fort Rucker, Ala. on the principles of the “Credit Union Movement.” Today, AACFCU serves more than 109,000 members worldwide with 19 branches throughout Southeast Alabama, Florida’s Emerald Coast and the Mobile Bay Area. For more information on AACFCU, visit its website at www.aacfcu.com.