CFPB Director Richard Cordray to speak at NAFCU’s 46th Annual Conference and Solutions Expo
WASHINGTON, DC (May 23, 2013) Richard Cordray, director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), will address the National Association of Federal Credit Union’s (NAFCU) 46th Annual Conference and Solutions Expo, July 9-13 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston.
“NAFCU has forged an ongoing dialogue with Director Cordray and his staff”, said Fred Becker, NAFCU president and CEO. “His remarks to the assembled during NAFCU’s annual conference will provide a unique opportunity for credit unions to hear his view on the bureau’s activities and their impact on our industry.”
Cordray was named director of the CFPB in January 2012. Prior to that, he led the bureau’s enforcement division and served on the front lines of consumer protection as Ohio’s attorney general.
At the conference, Becker will give his final address to the credit union industry before he steps down as NAFCU president and CEO. He will discuss the recent shifts in the credit union industry, current advancements, prospects for growth, and future challenges and opportunities.
Also speaking at the conference is the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) Chairman Debbie Matz.
Additional conference highlights include:
- Four educational tracks designed to help credit unions’ expand business development and income opportunities, tackle new compliance challenges, and meet the growing demands on boards, chairs and supervisory committees for oversight and risk management;
- Two theaters in the Solutions Expo featuring sessions on innovation and the top solutions for credit unions;
- Small Credit Union Roundtable, a town-hall style session featuring William Myers, director of NCUA’s Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives;
- CEOs’ Forum, Senior Management Forum, Chairs’ Caucus and Directors and Supervisory Committee Q&A which allow credit unions’ to discuss concerns and share ideas with peers; and
- The Solutions Expo, the industry’s leading and largest trade show.
Visit http://www.nafcu-annual.org/ to learn more about the conference and register.
The National Association of Federal Credit Unions is the only national organization that focuses exclusively on federal issues affecting credit unions, representing its members before the federal government and the public.