Chartway awards Directors’ Memorial Scholarship to 10 student members
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (June 23, 2022) — Chartway is proud to announce that 10 student members have been selected to receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $30,000 in financial support. The Directors’ Memorial Scholarship, an ongoing program created in 1989, has awarded nearly $380,000 to student members pursuing collegiate studies. This year’s recipients were selected based on need, activities, academic achievement, an essay, and a letter of reference:
• Isaac Allen (UT) – Academy of Art University, Fine Arts
• Jordan Booker (TX) – University of Houston, Technology Leadership Innovative Management
• Aubrey Donovan (FL) – University of Central Florida, Film and TV Production
• Sydney Fayton (VA) – North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University, Criminal Justice
• Katelyn Gudenau (TX) – Dallas Baptist University, Accounting/Information Systems
• Christin Newsome (TX) – Lone Star North Harris, Criminal Justice
• Stephanie Rice (VA) – University of Dayton, Educational Policy Studies & Evaluation
• Jaden Smith (VA) – Howard University, Biology/Pre-Med
• Hope Njorge (VA) – George Washington University, Psychology
• Elise Villanueva (VA) – Virginia Commonwealth University, Chemistry/Biochemistry
A strong supporter of education and developing the next generation of leaders, Chartway also awards $25,000 annually through its Old Dominion University Athletic Scholarship fund, leads a contemporary paid summer internship program, and offers free financial wellness programs. Additionally, its charitable arm, the Chartway Promise Foundation, has raised more than $13 million to provide the financial support needed to make dreams and wishes come to life for children facing medical challenges.
“At Chartway, making a difference in our communities is ingrained in our culture,” said Brian Schools, president & CEO. “Whether it’s supporting children with medical hardship through our charitable arm, the Chartway Promise Foundation, seasonal giving, crisis support, offering financial wellness programs, or helping tomorrow’s leaders gain a strong academic foundation, we’re so proud to do it and we promise to continue building on our strong foundation of service in ways big and small as we move forward, thriving together.”
Chartway is proud to announce that 10 student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $30,000 in financial assistance. The Directors’ Memorial Scholarship, an ongoing program created in 1989, has awarded nearly $380,000 to student members pursuing collegiate studies. This year’s recipients were selected based on need, activities, academic achievement, an essay, and a letter of reference.
Chartway, a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution, has been proudly unlocking the potential of individuals and families so they can thrive for more than half a century. Guided by its Purpose and Values, the $2.5 billion credit union serves 190,000 members through its branch footprint and a full line of traditional and digital financial products and services - including Online, Mobile, Video, and Telephone Banking. Chartway is also known for being an award-winning leader in charitable giving through its We Promise Foundation. As its charitable arm, Chartway’s We Promise Foundation provides life-changing experiences that bring joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship or illness. Since 1999, the foundation has raised more than $13 million. For more information about Chartway, visit www.Chartway.com; or, visit them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
For more information, visit www.Chartway.com; or, visit them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.