Credit union volunteers forum in Memphis open for registration
PLANO, TX (March 27, 2018) — Cornerstone Credit Union League has opened registration to credit unions nationwide for its annual Credit Union Volunteers Forum, this year June 6-8 at the Guesthouse at Graceland in Memphis, Tenn.
Volunteers take care of business every day, and they’re faced with serious questions whose answers can impact the entire credit union operation. For instance:
* Regulatory expectations for credit union directors have never been higher. Do you thoroughly understand your fiduciary requirements?
* Change is occurring more frequently and can become overwhelming. Are you prepared?
* Succession planning doesn’t end when a new CEO is hired or appointed. How will you handle the transition?
* We expect to see significant changes in financial services over the course of the next decade. How can your credit union remain relevant and become prevalent in this Golden Age of technology?
* And how will the current global, national, and regional economies affect how your credit union navigates into the future?
Credit union volunteers can’t afford to be caught off guard or unaware. At the Volunteers Forum, attendees will learn tools and strategies specific to credit unions that they can implement immediately.
“Because credit union volunteers must continually update and refresh their skills to best serve their leadership, staff, and members, this annual conference is a great opportunity to supplement their education in an enjoyable environment away from the office and conducive to learning,” said Cornerstone President and CEO Caroline Willard. “We’re delighted to offer this year’s forum in the beautiful and historic setting of Memphis.”
Just some of the dynamic speakers include Mike Blalack, Blalack & Williams, P.C.; Karen McCullough, Karen McCullough and Co.; Jim Phelps, Cornerstone Credit Union League; Jeff Rendel, Rising Above Enterprises; Scott Rose, Ruddered for Success; and Mark Sievewright, Sievewright & Associates; and Roger Tutterow, Kennesaw State University.
Attendees will be able to attend eight general sessions plus a choice of 12 breakout sessions. Additionally, a pre-conference workshop on Cyber Risk Management and Oversight featuring IT expert Idrees Rafiq from Credit Resources Management the morning of June 6.
Federal credit union volunteers will earn BSA Training and Supervisory Committee certificates of attendance.
About Cornerstone League
Cornerstone League is among the nation’s largest regional credit union trade associations, serving approximately 700 credit unions in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas. Cornerstone exists to advance the success of credit unions in the region through legislative and grassroots advocacy; regulatory and compliance support; training, educational, and networking opportunities; essential communications related to news and information affecting the credit union industry; and other products and services that establish Cornerstone as the essential partner for credit unions. For more information, visit cornerstoneleague.coop.