Helping Hands Foundation donates $10,000 to local organizations
DALEVILLE, AL (February 27, 2018) — The Helping Hands Foundation recently donated $10,000 to 19 different organizations in the Wiregrass communities as well as Mobile and Walton County, Florida. The Helping Hands Foundation is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2016 by Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU). The donations come from AACFCU employee contributions to the Helping Hands Foundation. On designated work days, AACFCU employees donated to the foundation in exchange for wearing jeans to work in 2017.
Donations were given to the following organizations in AACFCU service areas:
- Bethesda House-Opp, Ala.
- Boys and Girls Club of the Emerald Coast- Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
- Boys and Girls Club of Pike County- Troy, Ala.
- Caring and Sharing of South Walton- Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
- Coffee County Family Services Center- Enterprise, Ala.
- Dale County Rescue Mission- Ozark, Ala.
- Dothan Rescue Mission- Dothan, Ala.
- Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center- DeFuniak Springs, Fla.
- Enterprise Christian Mission- Enterprise, Ala.
- Hand Up Enterprise- Enterprise, Ala.
- Home of Grace- Mobile, Ala.
- House of Ruth- Dothan, Ala.
- Luke’s Legacy- Enterprise, Ala.
- Mary Hill Family Services- Ozark, Ala.
- Penelope House- Mobile, Ala.
- Pike Regional Child Advocacy Center- Troy, Ala.
- Sav-A-Life- Ozark, Ala.
- The Harbor- Dothan, Ala.
- Wiregrass Children’s Home- Dothan, Ala.
Joseph Brackins, AACFCU business development officer; Judy Crowley, Coffee County Family Services Center director; Jackie Zayas, Coffee County Family Services Center intake and assessment coordinator and parent project coordinator; Emily Harrelson, Coffee County Family Services Center building blocks and young parents coordinator; Connie Pate, Coffee County Family Services Center fatherhood initiative coordinator.
About Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU)
Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union was founded 52 years ago by seven soldiers at Fort Rucker, Ala. on the principles of the “Credit Union Movement.” Today, AACFCU serves more than 98,000 members worldwide with 22 locations throughout Southeast Alabama, Florida’s Emerald Coast and the Mobile Bay Area. For more information, visit www.aacfcu.com.
About Helping Hands Foundation
Helping Hands Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by AACFCU to provide scholarships to graduating high schools seniors and to support organizations that assist individuals in AACFCU service areas who have experienced health, financial or abuse issues.