ICUF Announces Graduates of 2022 Financial Coach Program
WEST DES MOINES, IA (June 3, 2022) — The Iowa Credit Union Foundation (ICUF), the philanthropic arm of the Iowa Credit Union League, is proud to announce the graduates of the 2022 ‘People Helping People’ Financial Coach Program. The program, which ran virtually in May, featured 36 attendees from 12 different credit unions. The participants were immersed in learning and simulation to help them grow in understanding of how a person’s relationship with money can impact their financial decision making and lead to potential hardship. Financial coaches are member advocates who can help credit union members navigate difficult financial situations.
“The Foundation strongly believes that Iowa credit unions can have a greater impact on the communities they serve by providing thorough financial coaching, helping members set financial goals and determining the best way forward when situations seem dire,” said Ena Babic Barnes, Executive Director of ICUF.
The curriculum for the ‘People Helping People’ Financial Coach Program was developed in partnership with Adam Carroll, founder of National Financial Educators.
“In each session we’ve done of this training program, we’ve honed and developed the material to be focused not only on how to be a financial coach but also how to serve our members excellently through coaching,” said Carroll. “Financial habits are something that are developed over time and are as unique as the individual. Learning how to have meaningful financial discussions with members and how to uncover potential issues that may be leading to hardship can have a great impact on the services that a credit union is able to provide. This cohort was excellent!”
The graduates of the 2022 ICUF ‘People Helping People’ Financial Coach Program are:
- Myles Barth, Advantage Credit Union
- Brandi Hodge, Advantage Credit Union
- Alondra Sanchez Torres , AIM Credit Union
- Heather Schlosser, AIM Credit Union
- Chelsey Bogaards, Financial Plus Credit Union
- Diana Darland, Financial Plus Credit Union
- Jordyn Henry, Financial Plus Credit Union
- Max Purcell, Financial Plus Credit Union
- Daniel Garcia, Greater Iowa Credit Union
- Brad German, GreenState Credit Union
- Sarah Holmes, GreenState Credit Union
- Lesley Thompson, GreenState Credit Union
- Crystal Wright, GreenState Credit Union
- Gladys Dozal, IH Mississippi Valley CU
- Blanca Garces-Castan, IH Mississippi Valley CU
- Sarah Mason, IH Mississippi Valley CU
- Aileen Reimers, IH Mississippi Valley CU
- Bryan Smith, IH Mississippi Valley CU
- Paige Vanderheyden, IH Mississippi Valley CU
- Taylor Baker, Linn Area Credit Union
- Jared Bourne, Linn Area Credit Union
- Lauri Heinrich, Linn Area Credit Union
- Ayla Kadlec, Linn Area Credit Union
- Cortney Krebs, Linn Area Credit Union
- Ashley Maring, Linn Area Credit Union
- Anna Salter, Linn Area Credit Union
- Damon Vaughn, Metco Credit Union
- Autumn Hernandez, Peoples Credit Union
- Kelly Schaffer, Peoples Credit Union
- Jessica Schaffner, Peoples Credit Union
- Gracie Brandsgard, PolicyWorks
- Brittany Freeman, PolicyWorks
- Jordan Dean, Serve Credit Union
- Maria Gutierrez, Sioux Valley Community Credit Union
- Michele Butler, Sioux Valley Credit Union
- Josie Pierce, Town and Country Credit Union
Each graduate of the program received a coaching resource book, as well as access to an online educational portal to continue his or her growth as a financial coach. This is the Foundation’s fourth year of hosting the Financial Coach Program.
Founded in 1995 as the philanthropic arm of the Iowa Credit Union League, the Iowa Credit Union Foundation’s (ICUF) champions financial well-being for all guided by the credit union philosophy of people helping people. For more information, visit www.IowaCreditUnionFoundation.org.
About Iowa Credit Union Foundation
Founded in 1995 as the philanthropic arm of the Iowa Credit Union League, the Iowa Credit Union Foundation's (ICUF) primary focus is to eliminate poverty in the state of Iowa. ICUF seeks to carry out its mission to empower people and communities to achieve financial well-being through its various programs, grants and scholarships. For more information, visit www.IowaCreditUnionFoundation.org.