It’s the year of the credit union: Think 15 speakers to help industry ‘Seize The Now’
Credit Union Employees Can Register for May 5-8 Conference here
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA (February 2, 2015) — CO-OP Financial Services is announcing eight featured speakers for THINK 15, focusing on how an unprecedented convergence of social and technological advances has made 2015 the critical year for credit unions to gain consumer loyalty.
“The THINK 14 Conference unveiled our ‘Empowering People. Amplifying Dreams’ initiative to help Millennials develop greater financial literacy, including education on credit unions,” said Stan Hollen, President/CEO of CO-OP. “We believe our movement fulfills both the values and services that most consumers, especially Millennials, now demand; and credit unions offer the kind of financial support they are seeking right now in their lives. The theme is ‘Seize the Now’ and our speakers will help us seize the great opportunity we have with this modern consumer by turning today’s trends into enduring competitive advantages.”
The THINK 15 speakers will tackle topics of utmost relevance to credit unions, including how to build business by helping consumers achieve life goals, exploring the technologies that transform their daily lives, operationalizing these new technologies and experiences, and how to prosper by being a mission-driven company.
Now in its eighth year, CO-OP’s THINK conference is dedicated to credit union innovation, specializing in attracting world-class thought leaders from outside the industry who share their unique perspectives on issues confronting credit unions. To help credit unions “Seize the Now” in 2015, the conference will present:
- Sara Critchfield, Founding Editorial Director of Upworthy, deemed by Fast Company as the “fastest growing media company of all time.”
- Nir Eyal, Contributing writer for Forbes, and bestselling author of “Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products.”
- Lisa Gansky, Founder and Chief Instigator of Mesh Labs, a leader in shaping the evolution of the sharing economy.
- Christopher Gavigan, Co-founded and helped build the Honest Company’s values-based business to provide safer, more effective products to parents.
- Ido Leffler, Co-founder and CEO of Yoobi, the company that made selling school supplies a cause that touches classrooms across the nation.
- Nilofer Merchant, Bestselling author on innovation and collaboration who has worked with industry leaders ranging from Apple and IBM to GE and Google.
- J.B. Straubel, Co-founder and Chief Technical Officer of Tesla Motors, Inc., directly responsible for operations of nearly one quarter of the company.
- Darcy Winslow, CEO/Managing Partner/Co-founder of the Academy for Systemic Change, who spearheads Nike’s efforts to ensure its social responsibility and environmental-friendliness matches its world-renowned brand of athletic-wear.
The event’s Master of Ceremonies will be journalist and radio host Tess Vigeland, who served in that capacity at THINK 14 in New Orleans.
THINK 15 is being held at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, May 5-8, 2015. Registration is $799 for credit union employees, who may register immediately at www.co-opthink.org.
Industry service providers interested in getting involved in shaping the THINK 15 experience as an “Evolution Session” (industry seminars planned for May 5) presenter can inquire with CO-OP’s marketing department at email@example.com.
More conference information is also available at www.co-opthink.org.
About CO-OP Financial Services
Based in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., and founded in 1981, CO-OP Financial Services is the nation’s largest credit union service organization in terms of number of credit unions, assets and members. The company helps credit unions thrive by providing products and services that make it more convenient for members to do business with them. With a motto of “Be There. Be More,” CO-OP’s products fall into three business lines, including “Locations,” (ATM, shared branching and call center services); “Card Payments” (debit and credit processing) and “Mobile/Virtual” (mobile, online, check imaging, bill pay services). To learn more visit www.c o-opfs.org.