New officers elected following LSCU annual meeting
LSCU seats new executive board at SCUCE
TALLAHASSEE,, FL (June 20, 2018) — The League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) announced the election of a new chairman and officers following its Annual Business meeting held on June 7 at the ninth annual Southeast Credit Union Conference and Expo (SCUCE) in Orlando, Fla. Tina Williams, President/CEO of Mobile Educators CU in Mobile, Ala., was elected to succeed Alvin Cowans, President/CEO of McCoy FCU of Orlando, Fla., who served two years as chairman.
The Executive Committee for the LSCU board of directors is as follows:
- Chairman – Tina Williams, President/CEO, Mobile Educators Credit Union, Mobile, Ala.
- Chairman-Elect – Kevin Johnson, President/CEO, Suncoast Credit Union, Tampa, Fla.
- Vice Chairman – Henry Armstrong, President/CEO of Auburn University Federal Credit Union, Auburn, Ala.
- Secretary – Sharon Downing, Manager of Alabama River Credit Union, Monroeville, Ala.
- Treasurer – Richard Skaggs, President/CEO of USF Federal Credit Union, Tampa, Fla.
- Immediate Past Chairman – Alvin Cowans, President/CEO of McCoy FCU, Orlando, Fla.
- Ex-Officio – Patrick La Pine, President/CEO of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates.
About League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU)
The League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates represents 302 credit unions throughout Alabama, Florida, and Georgia and has a combined total of more than $175 billion in assets and more than 11.6 million members. LSCU provides advocacy, compliance services, education and training, cooperative initiatives, and communications. For more information, visit www.lscu.coop. Follow LSCU on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.