3 ways to get more enjoyment out of your job

Studies have shown that 20% of people enjoy their jobs, 20% dislike their jobs, and the rest pretty much feel “blah” about it. If you have a job that you’re passionate about, that is fantastic news. For those of you who are in the other 80%, here are a few ways you can enjoy your job more…

Ditch the negativity: If you want to be a better mood at work, you have to step letting others bring you down. While co-workers aren’t always to blame, when a cloud of negativity is overhead, it’s hard to see the sunshine. Keep this in mind the next time you’re listening to Debbie Downer complain about anything and everything. It might be best to excuse yourself and get some coffee.

Figure it out: If the job has you down, figure out what the root issue is. Is it something you can easily fix? Great. Start fixing it. Not an easy problem to solve? Decide if there’s hope for change or if you’re going to be able to deal with it. At this point you have to make a decision to either find something else to do or stick it out and hope things get better.

Find positivity: Regardless of the negatives around you, there must be some positives or else you never would have accepted the job in the first place. Think about the ways in which you help your members. Every day, you get to help them solve their financial problems. They really appreciate what you do for them. Try to focus on that every morning when you’re getting out of bed.

John Pettit

John Pettit

John Pettit is the Managing Editor for CUInsight.com. Web: www.cuinsight.com Details