Get the latest news and information from CU Insight delivered to you anywhere.SIGN UP NOW
- CU Times: 5 mobile banking innovations to watch
- CU Info Security: Card brands launch security initiative
- CUNA News Now: Cheney defines how risk-based capital should look
- NAFCU Today: Hunt to Congress: Retailers ramping up misinformation on data breaches
- CU Management: Quest for ‘legendary service’
- Credit Union Magazine: Mobile banking: Members vs. customers
- TMG: Digital prepaid cards growing in popularity
- Ongoing Operations: Do I still need speical teams for my credit union business continuity plan?
- NAFCU Services: Inheriting debt: The impact of debt on loved ones should the borrower unexpectedly die
- Deluxe FI: Personalizing your marketing
- State of Mind: Are you avoiding this employment pitfall?
- Credit Union Watch: CFF transparency, not!
by. Robert McGarvey When Texas bank USAA introduced mobile remote deposit capture in 2009, nobody knew how big the tool would get and how fast. But ask credit union mobile banking experts today for the defining moment in the niche's brief history and all signs may point to MRDC. That's because the mobile tool potentially lets users do something they could not do quickly or easily with online banking, some insiders say. For now, deposits via MRDC are bigger than deposits at ATMs. A growing [...]0 Read More
Coalition to Push EMV Cards, Point-to-Point Encryption by. Jeffrey Roman Ending weeks of relative silence by the two major payment card brands in the wake of payments breaches at Target Corp., Neiman Marcus and others retailers, MasterCard and Visa have announced the formation of a cross-industry group to work on improving U.S. payment security. The collaborative effort aims to advance the migration to chip cards as well as point-to-point encryption. In addition to the card brands, the coalition will include banks of all sizes, [...]0 Read More
by. Konrad Christensen Digital prepaid cards, also referred to as e-gift cards and virtual prepaid cards, are gaining traction among American consumers. In fact, the list of reputable retailers that offer digital prepaid cards continues to grow. At least one analyst group predicted $1.3 billion would be loaded onto digital prepaid cards in November and December of 2013, a four-fold increase year-over-year. One reason for this prediction was the shorter shopping season, which resulted in more online shopping. We’ll be on the lookout [...]0 Read More
by. Robin Remines As a BCP consultant, I see a lot of credit union business continuity plans. Our credit unions run from single branch organizations to nationwide institutions and their plans are just as diverse. One thing is clear - NCUA is looking for credit union’s of all sizes to demonstrate ownership – with ownership being defined as your entire organization is participating in the efforts to sustain continued operations during a crisis or service disruption. With distributed ownership of the DR/BCP efforts, some [...]0 Read More
by. Nikki Griggs What do Thomas Jefferson, Judy Garland, and Michael Jackson have in common? They each left a tremendous amount of debt behind when they died. With their wealth and assets, it’s easy to imagine the red tape and the burden this put on their loved ones. But perhaps you’re thinking that a founding father and a couple of wealthy, out-of-touch celebrities may not be the most relatable trio. Fair enough. Then what about debt that is left behind by the average [...]2 Read More