Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union employees donate $7,800 to community organizations
DAIEVILLE, AL (February 10, 2014) — In January, Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU) employees donated $7,800 to 13 nonprofit organizations in AACFCU’s service areas of Southeast Alabama, Florida’s Emerald Coast and the Mobile Bay area. The donations come from an account funded completely by employee contributions in 2013. On designated work days, AACFCU employees donate to this account in exchange for wearing jeans to work. In December of each year, employees nominate and vote on organizations they would like to see receive the funds.
These organizations include:
- Alabama Baptist Children’s Home, Dothan, Ala.
- Allen Memorial Home, Mobile, Ala.
- Caring and Sharing of South Walton, Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
- Daleville Senior Center, Daleville, Ala.
- Enterprise Retirement Center, Enterprise, Ala.
- Enterprise Teachers Assistance Center, Enterprise, Ala.
- House of Ruth, Dothan, Ala.
- Love in Action, Dothan, Ala.
- Mobile ARC, Mobile, Ala.
- Troy Veterans Center, Troy, Ala.
- Vivian B. Adams School, Ozark, Ala.
- West DeFuniak Elementary School Backpack Program, DeFuniak Springs, Fla.
- Wiregrass Children’s Home, Dothan, Ala.
Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union was founded 47 years ago by seven soldiers at Fort Rucker, Ala. on the principles of the “Credit Union Movement.” Today, AACFCU serves more than 120,000 members worldwide with 19 branches throughout Southeast Alabama, Florida’s Emerald Coast and the Mobile Bay Area. For more information, visit www.aacfcu.com.