Centra members and communities raise more than $48,000 for local organizations
Centra Credit Union’s holiday giving program provides for 482 children
COLUMBUS, IN (December 27, 2021) — Centra Members, Team Members and local community members came together this past holiday season to raise more than $48,000 to support local children in need. These donations were provided through the Holiday Giving Program, which collects monetary donations for local non-profits who purchase gifts for children in need during the holidays.
“Every dollar raised helped a child in need, and that’s the purpose of the credit union philosophy of ‘People Helping People,’” Centra President and CEO Rick Silvers said. “The spirit of giving is evident, and I’m grateful for each and every donor.”
The donations from each community Centra serves support different organizations. This year’s program raised a total of $48,287.34 in donations to 13 organizations:
- Columbus Firemen’s Cheer Fund: $4,330.52
- Salvation Army Columbus: $4,330.52
- Columbus Shop with a Cop: $4,330.52
- Scott County Shop with a Sheriff: $5,832.60
- The Salvation Army Indiana Divisional Headquarters – Indianapolis: $1,052.54
- Carmel Police Department – Holidays with Heroes: $231.24
- Salvation Army Madison Corps: $2,066.36
- Salvation Army New Albany Corps: $8,880.72
- Salvation Army Shelbyville Corp: $2,274.28
- Decatur County Shop with a Cop: $746.11
- Fraternal Order of Police – Cops & Kids Jackson County: $9,107.33
- Good Samaritan Food Pantry North Vernon: $4,498.38
- Shop with a Cop – Brown County: $606.21
Centra Members and community supporters have helped more than 2,500 families over the past eight years of the Holiday Giving Program.
About Centra Credit Union
Centered around its Members, Centra Credit Union is a community-based, full-service financial institution with 24 branch locations throughout central and southern Indiana, and in Jamestown, New York and Whitakers, North Carolina. Founded in 1940 on the principle of People Helping People, Centra strives to create value for Members, Team Members, and the Communities it serves. With $1.9 billion in total assets, Centra is among the five largest credit unions in the state of Indiana.
About Centra Foundation
Centra Foundation is the charitable arm of Centra Credit Union and was formed to extend the credit union’s mission of People Helping People. The Centra Foundation is Centered on Caring and aims to support charitable efforts that help meet the needs of communities where Centra Members live and work.