CU Members Mortgage focuses on mortgage lending vision at its 20th National Mortgage Lending Conference
DALLAS, TX (March 12, 2020) — CU Members Mortgage invites credit union mortgage professionals to Vision 2020 celebrating the company’s 20th National Mortgage Lending Conference August 3-4, 2020, in Dallas, Texas.
It’s one of the most competitive times in mortgage lending than ever before with a growing number of mortgage lenders and loan officers fighting for their part of the market share. To succeed, credit union mortgage professionals will need the right tools, the right team and the right ideas to stay relevant and grow. Great service isn’t enough. Confronted with ample competition in today’s lending environment this event will offer an opportunity to learn, connect and explore for a clear and concise strategy to compete.
Vision 2020 will present new ways to modernize mortgage lending and recharge with a spectrum of speakers that will invigorate and motivate. At the same time, connect with others who are striving to reach their full potential and learn the latest trends and best practices to impact the bottom line.
In addition, attendees will discover new vision on the latest in products, technology, operations, and business development practices through thoughtful sessions, interactive workshops, and expert connections.
Expert speakers and sessions include:
- Rene Rodriguez – Somewhere out there, your competition is planning their attack. The world of selling has changed. Old “tactics” and “techniques” won’t cut it in today’s marketplace. Members are smarter and the bar has risen. In this session, maximize all your credit union has to offer by applying genuine sales techniques that will help your credit union shine.
- Engage with the Experts Roundtable – Weigh in on the future of credit union lending by participating in a roundtable discussion with your peers about products. Take advantage of this opportunity to engage with other credit unions and learn what’s working, what’s not, what’s hot and what’s trending in product solutions that are making members homeowners and growing the credit union’s bottom line.
- Cassandra Skidanov – Freddie Mac’s affordable lending manager will walk us through the latest affordable housing solutions including manufactured housing loans, renovation loans, and more. Plus, she will review your area’s specific market data to reveal who these members are and trends that should shape your strategy. Learn best practices and why this approach is necessary to thrive in home lending today.
- Tracy Ashfield –ACUMA President, expert Credit Union Consultant and NCUA Trainer, will share Loan Officer best practices, trends and what credit unions are doing to keep the very best Loan Officers.
- Jill Nowacki – President/CEO of Humanidei and previous credit union executive and Connecticut League president, Jill has immense knowledge to share on defining your why. In this session, be inspired and energized by reconnecting the reasons you work in credit unions and refocus on the credit union’s role serving its members and community.
- Karen Purves – Want to improve your language skills and speak with more power? International speaker and communication expert Karen Purves will identify conscious communication solutions to tap into better results. Learn fresh examples of words to use for maximum effectiveness, discover key words and phrases to remove and reduce your vocabulary to increase your influence and take away practical tips to use immediately.
- Doug Smith – Understanding what really sets you apart from yoru competition and how to market and promote your strengths in new and creative ways.
“We couldn’t be more excited about this year’s event,” said Steve Hewins Senior Vice President of CU Members Mortgage. “This year’s event will focus on innovative ways mortgage professionals can be a competitive force in the marketplace. Professionals will walk away with applicable ideas that will directly impact their pipeline and bottom line.”
About CU Members Mortgage
Established in 1982 as a division of Colonial Savings, a federally chartered thrift, Dallas-based CU Members Mortgage provides comprehensive mortgage services to credit unions and CUSOs. CU Members Mortgage originates FHA, VA, Investment Property and conventional loans nationwide. With a portfolio of $24 billion, Colonial is one of the largest servicers of mortgage loans in the United States. The company is privately held and has offices located nationwide. For more information, visit www.cumembers.com.