CUNA congratulates 2016 CFPB Credit Union Advisory Council Members
WASHINGTON, DC (August 19, 2016) — The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) selected eight new credit union representatives, including seven CUNA members, for its Credit Union Advisory Council (CUAC).
CUAC advises the bureau on regulating financial products and services, including how its actions affect credit unions.
“We are thankful for these credit unions who are willing to share their experience, knowledge and expertise on issues relating to consumer protection, financial institution operations, financial regulations and public policy with the bureau,” said Elizabeth Eurgubian, CUNA deputy chief advocacy officer. “CUAC members play an important part in better informed policymaking.”
CUNA congratulates the following individuals on being selected for the Credit Union Advisory Council:
- Faith Lleva Anderson, senior vice president/general counsel, American Airlines FCU, Fort Worth, Texas;
- Daniel Berry, CEO, Duke University FCU, Durham, N.C.;
- Patrick F. Harrigan, chief risk officer/general counsel, Service CU, Portsmouth, N.H.;
- Ricardo Ledezma, corporate compliance assurance manager, SACU, San Antonio, Texas;
- Sarah Marshall, CEO, North Side Community FCU, Chicago;
- Dayatra T. Matthews, senior vice president of legal and compliance, Local Government FCU, Raleigh, N.C.;
- Amy Nelson, CEO, Point West CU, Portland, Ore.; and
- Raynor Zillgitt, vice president risk management/general counsel, Lake Trust CU, Brighton, Mich.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America’s credit unions, which are owned by 120 million consumer members. CUNA, along with its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, delivers unwavering advocacy, continuous professional growth and operational confidence to protect the best interests of all credit unions. For more information about CUNA, visit cuna.org. To find your nearest credit union, visit YourMoneyFurther.com.