Final CUES® RealTalk!: Women in the Workforce session for 2022 focuses on the double bind
MADISON, WI (August 23, 2022) — Groundbreaking online discussion series CUES RealTalk! is set to tackle The Double Bind at its next session, on September 21. CUES RealTalk! covers important, but often hard to discuss, issues impacting the credit union industry and is focusing on the theme Women in the Workforce: Because $0.82 is NOT Enough.
“The Double Bind refers to the competing demands of work/life balance that most of those in the workforce contend with—but that is often more complicated for women,” said Dawn Abely, CUES’ SVP/Chief Sales & Member Relations Officer.
Attendees will hear from a panel of experts, moderated by Laurie J. Maddalena, MBA, CSP, CPCC, CEO, Envision Excellence. She’ll be joined by Alyssa Guillory, CCM, VP/Marketing, Unity One Credit Union; Lynn Heckler, EVP/Chief Talent Officer, PSCU; and Deedee Myers, Ph.D., MSC, PCC, CHIC, Founder & CEO, DDJ Myers.
Session talking points include:
- How to counteract challenges reentering the workforce after starting a family.
- Are traditional benefits becoming less valuable than nontraditional benefits such as flexible work schedules and strong maternity and paternity leave policies?
- Studies show most household duties fall to women. What does that do to add to pressure, stress and guilt, and their impact on the workplace?
- Should organizations be measuring time, or results?
- Women often miss out on informal networking opportunities because of their family responsibilities. How can they overcome these disadvantages?
- Working single mothers face many challenges, including a lack of support. What can be done for this group?
- How do we support women—and all employees—to prioritize physical and mental health?
“Like our previous sessions, attendees will walk away with actionable ideas and practical solutions that can put to use immediately,” said Abely.
Because the topics CUES RealTalk! covers are so important, this event is being offered at no charge, and all industry professionals are encouraged to attend. The first three sessions, covering The Great Resignation, The Gender Pay Gap and The Confidence Gap are available for playback here.
You can learn more at cues.org/realtalk. Learn more about CUES at cues.org.
CUES is the leading talent development solutions provider for credit unions in North America. We educate, develop and support credit union CEOs, executives, directors, and emerging leaders through partnerships with premier business schools, live and online events, digital learning, networking, and premium content. With over 50,000 members and growing, we measure success one leader at a time.
Connect with CUES at CUES.org and on LinkedIn, Facebook, X, and Instagram. For daily insights on issues impacting credit unions visit CUmanagement.com.