Greylock donates $13,000 to sponsor events in North Adams
PITTSFIELD, MA (July 15, 2014) — Greylock Federal Credit Union has donated $13,000 to sponsor events taking place in North Adams throughout 2014. The events are organized by the City of North Adams and encompass year round outdoor community get-togethers.
Greylock’s Victoria May, Assistant Vice President, Manager Marketing Promotions & Partnerships said, “Greylock is proud to support the City of North Adams in its efforts to organize year round family-friendly events appealing to a wide range of people in the community. Greylock’s involvement and support for the communities we serve is a hallmark of our Credit Union’s philosophy.”
North Adams Mayor, Richard Alcombright said, “We are truly thankful for the generosity Greylock has shown our city by sponsoring these events. Whether it is the 4th of July fireworks, the holiday tree lighting ceremony, or any of the other wonderful events, our people look forward to the fun and spirit of community that is always a part of the festivities.”
Greylock has sponsored the following events for the City of North Adams in 2014:
Concerts at Windsor Lake (Wednesdays, June 11 – August 27, 6-7:30/ 8p.m.): Small concerts at the Windsor Lake Pavilion, featuring local bands.
North Adams Farmers Market (Saturdays, June 24 – October 25, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.): Weekly market in the St. Anthony parking lot featuring local farmers, food producers, craft vendors, and musicians. Those in the SNAP (food stamp) program can get double the amount of food for the regular price.
4th of July Fireworks: Fireworks display after SteepleCats game at Noel Field.
Eagle St. Beach Party Outdoor event with truckloads of sand covering Eagle St. for family party followed by a fiesta.
Downtown Celebration (Wednesday, August 13, 5:30 – 9 p.m.): An outdoor festival/community expo featuring vendors, food, music, performances, and more.
Motorama (Saturday, August 24, 9 – 3 p.m.): Show featuring all types of vehicles around New England.
Berkshire Food Festival (Sunday, September 14, 12 – 4 p.m.): A celebration of food featuring cuisine from many area restaurants, along with micro-brewed beer, wine tasting, and live music.
Tree Lighting Ceremony (Wednesday, November 26, 5 p.m.): Annual tree lighting ceremony held in Monument Square.
About Greylock Federal Credit Union
Greylock membership is open to anyone who lives, works, attends school, worships or regularly conducts business in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. With assets over $1 billion, Greylock Federal is wholly owned by its more than 70,000 members and offers full-service branches in Pittsfield, Great Barrington, Lee, Adams, North Adams, Williamstown and Lanesborough. Greylock’s family of businesses includes Greylock Insurance Agency, Greylock Investment Group, Greylock Marketing Group, Greylock Technology Group, and Greylock’s Employee Benefits Services. More information is available online at www.greylock.org.
Greylock’s family of businesses includes:
• Greylock Insurance Agency with six locations county-wide, handles commercial and personal lines including auto, homeowner’s, life, disability, long-term care insurance, all forms of bonding, and 24/7 claims service.
• Greylock Investment Group with offices in Pittsfield offers access to a full array of services including financial planning, retirement planning, investment management, mutual funds, annuities and portfolio management.
• Greylock Marketing Group in Pittsfield is a full-service advertising agency dedicated to helping other credit unions, businesses and not-for-profit organizations meet their communications and marketing objectives.
• Greylock Technology Group provides programming and IT consulting for financial institutions.
• Greylock’s Employee Benefits Services offers comprehensive consultation and brokerage services for group medical, dental, life and disability insurance.