NAFCU’s 51st Annual Conference and Solutions Expo kicks off in Seattle, live stream Wednesday
WASHINGTON, DC (June 19, 2018) — Credit union professionals from across the country today are gathering at the National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) 51st Annual Conference and Solutions Expo in Seattle. The conference is NAFCU’s largest annual event, running from June 19-22, and can be followed on Twitter using hashtag #NAFCUAnnual.
“Ensuring credit unions can grow stronger is our mission at NAFCU, and our goal each year at our annual conference is to put on the best strategic planning event to help them to do so,” said NAFCU President and CEO Dan Berger. “This year, we’ll be talking about the power of change, including some of the biggest challenges facing the industry and what credit unions must do today to succeed tomorrow. We don’t just talk and put on a show – this annual conference is about arming credit union members and executives with the tools they want and need.”
This year, NAFCU will be livestreaming Berger’s welcome remarks on Wednesday, June 20 at 7:45 a.m. PT / 10:45 a.m. ET. Those interested in watching the livestream can do so by clicking here.
Signature Sponsor of NAFCU’s 51st Annual Conference is Strategic Resource Management. Other sponsors include Affinion Insurance Solutions, Allied Solutions, Co-Op Financial Services, CUNA Mutual Group, PSCU, The Clearing House and Visa.
Attendees will hear from top credit union experts as well as noted keynote speakers including:
- Kevin Brown, motivational speaker and creator of The Hero Effect;
- Steve Gutzler, international best-selling author and executive coach;
- Erica Javellana, Zappos Speaker of the House and HR expert; and
- Michael Tchong, American entrepreneur and founder of Social Revolution, MacWEEK, ICONOCAST, and ubercool.
Here’s a brief look at this year’s conference agenda:
- Defense Credit Union Summit where attendees will learn about the impact of the Military Lending Act and network with other credit union leaders invested in defense issues
- Pre-conference workshop where credit union board and supervisory committee members learn the ins and outs of the credit union industry and earn the NAFCU Certified Volunteer (NCVE) Expert certification.
- Winners of NAFCU’s 2018 Annual Awards will be recognized Wednesday, June 20. The awards recognize association member credit unions and individuals for excellence and achievement in the industry.
- Throughout the event, breakout sessions will dive into industry hot topics, to include: innovation and technology disruptors; regulatory updates; economic outlook; and more.
- Friday’s program features a networking reception sponsored by NAFCU Services Corporation and their Platinum Partners, followed by a private event featuring renowned comedian Jeff Foxworthy.
The complete schedule of the conference is online. For up-to-the-minute information on the conference, download the NAFCU Annual Conference app, sponsored by CUNA Mutual Group and follow @NAFCU on Twitter with the hashtag #NAFCUAnnual.
The National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions is the only national trade association focusing exclusively on federal issues affecting the nation’s federally-insured credit unions. NAFCU membership is direct and provides credit unions with the best in federal advocacy, education and compliance assistance. For more information on NAFCU, go to www.nafcu.org or @NAFCU on Twitter.