TMG blog named one of 20 best blogs for financial marketers
(Des Moines, Iowa – September 27, 2013) – Earlier this week, the industry blog hosted by payments processor The Members Group (TMG) was named one of 20 top blogs for financial marketers. The distinction was given by The Financial Brand, the leading online branding and marketing publication in the retail banking space.
Of TMGBlog.com, The Financial Brand said:
“There is synaptic tissue tying [TMGBlog.com posts] all together in a way that feels right for financial marketers — both banks and credit unions. There’s a mix of opinion pieces, data, advice and how-to’s. Posts average a modest 500 words in length, and the style is fairly breezy.
Readers of TMGBlog.com include TMG clients and others in the financial institution community. Posts are frequently syndicated by industry publications and sourced by trade media journalists. A variety of authors from within and outside the TMG walls post fresh content three times each week.
Frequent contributors to TMGBlog.com include:
- CEO Shazia Manus, who writes on strategic planning for community financial institutions
- Director of Product Development Jeff Falk, writing on innovation and strategies for mining great ideas from within a financial institution’s team
- Fraud Analyst Nicole Reyes, who authors posts on fraud detection and prevention steps for consumers and financial institutions alike
- Retail Payments Product Manager Konrad Christensen, who writes on a variety of topics impacting prepaid cards and the community financial institutions that issue them for consumers
- Vice President of Marketing Georgann Smith, who writes on marketing and communications ideas to help financial institution marketers executive fresh campaigns and strategies
- Product Development Architect Brandon Kuehl, covering topics related to the country’s migration away from magnetic stripe cards and toward the EMV standard or chip cards
- Vice President of Sales Brian Scott, who writes on the future of payments, including emerging technologies and strategies to help FIs serve consumers of the future
“Every marketer who has given blogging a try will tell you it’s extremely difficult, deadline-driven work,” said Smith. “At the same time, the work pays off. Our clients and others in the financial institution community have come to know TMGBlog.com as a reliable resource for best practices, news and insight on the hottest topics in payments. It has been a years-long initiative for our company, and we’re so honored to have the hard work of our executive-level writers and our marketing team acknowledged by such an important outlet in our industry.”
TMG’s blog and its other marketing and communications strategies continue to bring home awards and honors for the national payments processor. Most recently, these included several American Marketing Association NOVA awards and an International Davey award for excellence in marketing.
The Members Group (TMG) is dedicated to creating customized, technology-driven card processing and payment solutions for credit unions and community-based financial institutions across North America. Innovations in fraud management, loyalty programs, alternative payment systems and analytic reporting, and the competitive advantages they create, have helped TMG forge a new standard in offering cutting-edge credit, debit, ATM, prepaid card products and a P2P payment solution. For more information, visit www.themembersgroup.com.
# # #