What can I do if I don’t agree with my dispute results?

When you find an inaccuracy on your credit report and dispute it with us, TransUnion will start an investigation. We send the disputed information to the lender to investigate it, and they have 30 days to respond. If the lender verifies the information is accurate, it will continue to show on your credit report.

If you still believe the item or account is inaccurate, you can follow the steps below.

Steps you can take if you disagree with your dispute results

  • Contact the lender that is reporting the inaccurate information directly
  • Initiate a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Portal complaint


continue reading »