Working tirelessly to help credit unions thrive
You’ve done whatever it takes to provide your members with the best possible service—even during the pandemic. So has NAFCU. Our 2021 accomplishments for credit unions reveal the incredible service and value you can expect from the industry’s best ACE: unwavering federal Advocacy, award-winning Compliance assistance, and top-rated Education.
Just a few 2021 highlights:
- Proving via independent study that the tax exemption is a crucially important piece of the American economy—and we’re using these facts to fight bankers’ relentless attacks (download key findings).
- Accomplishing numerous advocacy wins, including successfully opposing expanded NCUA authority over the SIF, and achieving FHFA policy reform, BSA/AML statute modernization and simplified forgiveness of PPP loans.
- Connecting more than 13,000 credit union professionals online within 8 NAFCU Networks, to share ideas and solve challenges.
- Answering 7,000 credit union questions via our direct compliance assistance program, and publishing 1,200+ pages of compliance blog posts, articles, charts, guides and tools.
- And credit union membership grew to over 127 million members, while NAFCU has grown to represent 56% of federally-insured credit unions’ assets.
And that’s just a handful of ways we’ve worked together this year to help credit unions grow and thrive. If you haven’t joined us yet—join today. We’d be honored to serve you as a member.