Movember in the financial sphere
Movember started in Australia in 2003, and has since grown into an international movement for men’s health. The premise is simple: men grow out their mustaches every November (now known as “Movember.” See what they did there?) to raise awareness of men’s health issues and donate money to men’s health research.
Plenty of banks and credit unions are getting on the Movember bandwagon:
- Firefighters Community Credit Union and Michigan First Credit Union have registered fundraising teams on the Movember website. They’re sharing plenty of mustache pics, and you can see the total amount raised and national team rankings.
- Weber State Credit Union is participating in Movember by having members pay $5 to get involved, offering them a Movember Chili’s promotion, and holding a before-and-after Movember picture contest.
- First Arkansas Bank & Trust asked all participating men to donate to the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation; ladies can donate $1 for the person they think will have the best (and worst) beards at the end of the month.
- Pioneer WV Federal Credit Union is holding a Facebook contest asking fans to comment and like on whose Movember they like most. For each like and comment, the credit union will donate an item of food to their local food bank.
- Union bank and Trust Company is giving away $250 to the man who wins the most votes on his Movember mustache.
- United Credit Union is also hosting a Facebook promotion: the mustachioed man who wins the most “likes” will have $100 donated to the cancer research/awareness organization of his choice.
- Citizens Bank & Trust is holding a fundraiser for the Colorectal Cancer foundation.
I know that’s not all of the Movember promos. Leave a link to yours in the comments and I’ll update it here!continue reading »