Get the latest news and information from CU Insight delivered to you anywhere.SIGN UP NOW
- The Financial Brand: Over Half Of Bank Customers At Risk Of Leaving
- CUNA News Now: CFPB Vote, Hearing Set Ahead Of Memorial Day Break
- NAFCU Today: $1.18 Million In Low-Income Credit Union Grants Available
- CU Management: Moving With Lightning Speed
- Credit Union Magazine: Help Us Celebrate the Credit Union Movement’s Rock Stars
- Credit Union Times: Oklahoma Tornado: Life-Saving Vault Stands Amid CU Branch Rubble
- CU Water Cooler: Baseball, Culture and Credit Unions
- workplace Mojo: 11 Ways to Crush Your Team’s Creativity
- Mark Arnold: Do Your Employees Own the Place?
- CU Suite: Simple Sayings
- State of Mind: When It Comes To Qualified Mortgages, Take A Deep Breath
- Jim Blaine: NCUA: “The Empirical’s New Clothes”
- Angela Prestil: They Came for the Rates. . . Will They Stay for Your Service?
- Jay Kassing: What is MCIF & Why Should Your Credit Union Care?
- Matt Monge: 4 Ways to Cultivate a Crappy Credit Union Culture
- DeAndre Upshaw: Whatever You Do, Be The Best At It
- Randy Schultz: Where is the Future Taking Credit Unions?
- Mike Lawson: Bank 3.0: It’s Something You Do
When over half of banks’ customers aren’t sure whether they’ll stay or go, financial institutions need to decipher the drivers of positive experiences and long-term customer loyalty — before it’s too late. Within the next six months, 10% of retail banking customers say they will likely leave their bank, and an additional 41% of customers say they are unsure if they will stay or go. That means one out of every two banking customers are at risk of switching. These findings come from [...]1 Read More
A Consumer Financial Protection Bureau confirmation vote and hearings on tax reform, qualified mortgages, the Dodd-Frank Act and other economic issues are expected in the U.S. Congress this week. The Senate vote on Richard Cordray's nomination for the position of CFPB director could happen Thursday, Ryan Donovan, CUNA's senior vice president of legislative affairs, said. Cordray's nomination did not receive a Senate vote in 2011, and President Barack Obama appointed Cordray to the CFPB director position during a brief congressional recess in 2012. Many [...]0 Read More
NCUA said Tuesday it is making up to $1.18 million in grants available to low-income credit unions through the 2013 Community Development Revolving Loan Fund grant initiatives. Eligible low-income credit unions can receive grants ranging from $3,000 to $24,000 under the various initiatives. These grants help credit unions meet the needs of members and communities in economically distresses areas. Grants are available in six categories: collaboration – for long-term and cost-saving partnerships; new product/service development – for any new product or service development [...]4 Read More
Mobile sparks delivery channel integration and changes how members measure their CUs by Laura Lynch Fast change and the advent of mobile are impacting both the pace of delivery channel integration and the way members evaluate their credit unions, asserted Terence Roche, principal of CUES strategic provider Cornerstone Advisors, Inc., Scottsdale, Ariz., during a recent CUES webinar. (A recording of “Getting a Grip on Delivery Channel Integration” is available to CUES Members. Please email email@example.com if you need password assistance.) Roche identified four [...]0 Read More
Credit Union Magazine wants to highlight those unique people who make the CU movement a [...]0 Read More
Posted May 21, 2013
BY PETER STROZNIAK Surrounded by a huge pile of rubble stands a concrete-encased vault that protected the lives of 14 [...]9 Read More